If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a premier private university in Kenya that aims at providing innovation, leadership and management solutions to industries and communities in Kenya, Africa and beyond.
Maintain security of people and property in the University, enforce security rules and regulations and provide effective linkage between management, guards and the staff.
Responsibilities for the Security Officer Job
- The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Verify presence and activities of scheduled security guards at assigned areas, identify and alert substitute personnel to assume unoccupied guard assignments.
- Set up work assignments and schedules of assigned security guards.
- Supervise guards’ performance, attendance and document for use in evaluations.
- Appraise position documentation such as standard operating procedures, directives, actions and guard tour reports.
- Give direction and guidance to guards as required to achieve set goals.
- Set performance standards, communicate and enforce them.
- Identify training needs and conduct training where possible.
- Take charge of security discipline and manage security grievances.
- Investigating irregularities and provide feedback.
- Patrol and inspect MUA buildings, grounds and other areas as needed to ensure protection from intruders, theft, vandalism, fire and other hazards.
- Give quality periodic reports to Management regarding security activities and security irregularities if any such as accidents fires, thefts, and other incidents and identify needed action.
- Assume on-call obligation as assigned responding to security requirements, alarms and reporting to duty as required.
- Chair of health and safety Committee.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Security Officer Job
- Relevant security management training.
- Training in criminal investigations, first aid and firefighting.
- ‘O’ level certificate with five (5) years relevant working experience.
- Those with a degree or diploma in security management will have an added advantage.
- Aged between 30-45 years.
- Ability to construct and write clear, concise accurate and detailed reports
- Medically and physically fit with a valid Certificate of Good conduct from the Kenya Police.
Personal Attributes Required for the Job
- Must be of good self-presentation; be self-disciplined with a strong personality.
- Should be honest, calm and respectful with a positive attitude and ability to lead by example.
- Should be impartial and fair.
- Should possess work planning and organizational skills such as reporting skills, leadership skills, decision making skills, supervisory skills training skills, communication skills, listening skills, interpersonal skills, writing skills and time management skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements above should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The application should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 25th November 2016. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer. THE VICE – CHANCELLOR The Management University of Africa P. O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI Email: firstname.lastname@example.org