If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium (KANCO) is a national membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya. It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the
Responsibilities for the Advocacy Manager
- The job holder will be responsible of ensuring IHAA partners contribution to the PITCH overall programme of
work in country is well communicated to AF/SAN the Country Focal Point, work in close collaboration with the Alliance Secretariat and provides a link between IHAA national partners and PITCH team members in the UK and facilitates thematic and political discussions among partners and shares intelligence about policies and situational changes in the country.
Supporting IHAA Country Project Partners
- Monitoring the progress in the implementation of annual work plans/budgets of IHAA partners and ensures planned activities enable achievement of the country objectives.
- Supporting IHAA partners at country level with identifying advocacy opportunities and delivering on work plans, budgets and M&E.
- Compiling financial and program progress reports, the annual overall budget and programme M&E information at country level for IHAA partners and shares this with IHAA Secretariat in a timely way;
- Identifying the needs for Technical Assistance at country level for IHAA partners
individually or for a selection of IHAA PITCH partners. Facilitating shared learning and joint initiatives with regard to programme implementation of activities including Programme Monitoring and Evaluation at country level. Coordinating the development and realisation of (Operational) Research by IHAA partners. Inspiring IHAA PITCH partners to collaborate and look for synergy at country level, both within PITCH and, when possible, with other programmes/initiatives in the country.
- Advocacy leadership and policy analysis together with project partners Identifying and building relationships with new stakeholders and links them to IHAA PITCH partners. Sharing intelligence and conducting an analysis of the national discourse and developments related to KPs, women, girls and youth in regional to HIV/AIDS and human rights. Working with IHAA partners supporting activities that contribute to the outcomes identified in the ToC and helping maintain continuing focus on realisation of the outcomes and helps ensure these guide the work. Advising supporting and undertaking advocacy, policy analysis and political outreach; Developing research agenda to achieve results outlined in the theory of change and results framework. Increasing the visibility of IHAA PITCH partners at country level.
- Programme Co-ordination in the country. He/she will be organizing in-country cross-partner meetings between IHAA partners. Identifying opportunities for IHAA partners to learn from each other and share experience and effective participation in regional and global activities
Qualifications for the Pitch Advocacy Job
- Degree in Social Sciences or any other related field.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in project management.
- Should have proven capacity building experience, and good project management skills
- Must have a proven ability in advocacy and policy development skills
- Should possess supervisory abilities as well as the ability to lead a team with a large geographical span.
- Should possess computer software abilities (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office) Should possess good presentation and facilitation abilities
- Should have the ability to mobilize resources and network with partners. Must be able to work under minimum supervision
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV only before 25 th November 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org .The email subject should read PITCH Advocacy Manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted