If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies or equivalent with 3 years’ experience.
- Proven knowledge, ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunication technologies.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft technologies( Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, Exchange server) and Cisco technologies)
- Experience in web-Designing.
- Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies
- 2-3 years Systems Administration experience.
Key Skills specific to the post:
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Manage customer relationships and service
- Good communication skills. Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Networking, sharing information and best practices
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- IT technical skills in IT infrastructure and/or applications
- Understanding of Plan’s business processes and strategic objectives
- Project Management Skills
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- IT Risk assessment and management
- Problem-solving skills
- Creativity and Innovation
- Reporting skills
Method of Application
For full Job Descriptions and specifications for the above positions, please go to the link below.
Contract Period: Fixed Term 3 years; renewable
Closing Date: 25th November 2016 Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position title should be clearly indicated within the email subject.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International career website on plan-international.org to apply