VSF Germany is implementing the project “Food Security Rapid Response in Gedo region” for a period of 12 months with funding from Foreign Office, of German Government.
The project will be implemented in Somalia, Gedo Region: Dollow and Luuq Districts.
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to improved food security, income generation and livelihoods of vulnerable IDPs, pastoralists, agro-pastoralists and urban poor in Northern Gedo Region of Southern Somalia.
The action will be implemented directly by VSFG through collaboration with key stakeholders including; local authorities, South West Livestock Professional Association (SOWELPA), Private sector, and Community groups to ensure the success and achievement of the set objectives.
To effectively implement this project VSFG is seeking to employ a Field Finance and Administration Officer.
Purpose of the job: To provide technical expertise in finance, administration and logistics and support in planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and communication to the Senior Accountant, Senior Project Officer and Project Manager.
Location: Office in Dollow with travels to field locations with travels as may be required from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide financial, logistical & administrative support to the projects
- Implement donor financial regulation in funds management at the field level.
- Manage the Projects finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donor and Organization’s policies are adhered to.
- Manage the project petty cash, keeping records of all field financial transactions.
- Submit monthly returns both hard copies and soft copies to the regional office.
- Prepare backups of financial documents both hard and soft copies
- Support preparation of cash forecasts, requests and submission to regional office to ensure flawless cash flow.
- Assist in monitoring of expense levels to avoid over expenditure and mis postings of expenses.
- Support Program Manager and field staff in drafting budgets, preparing field documentation and submission of field returns.
- Manage contracts with 3rd parties and supervise services rendered to the projects.
- Ensure stock cards and fuel cards are well kept with up to date fuel usage and stock records.
- Supervise junior camp staff as appropriate.
- Follow up on field staff leaves and share with line managers
- Ensure that Timesheets are prepared well and in time each month
- Undertake any other duties assigned to you by your supervisors
Minimum qualifications and work experience
- At least a Diploma qualification in business administration, accounting
- At least 3 years working experience as a field finance Officer (or similar position) in implementation of donor-funded projects.
- At least 3 years working experience in emergency interventions linked to Cash for work, Food security and livelihood or working with community based groups in similar activities.
- Experience in liaison with national and international actors in community based interventions, gender and youth issues.
- Good knowledge in monitoring and documentation of knowledge management.
- Ability to promote team work for effective and efficient output.
- Fluency in spoken and written English will be an added advantage
Method of Application
- Interested persons should submit their application and CV to the following Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position, thus; “Field Finance and Administration Officer – Gedo Region, Somalia”.
- The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 18th November, 2016.
- However, assessment of the applications received will be done on a continuous basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.