The management of Dudutech’ s Packhouse and Supply Chain at the Kenya production hub.
Management of the pack house operations including all pack house staff and operations.
Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation.
Managing all deliveries both locally and outside of the country.
Provide weekly/monthly and annual reports to the Operations, Technical and Commercial Manager.
Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
Develop and train a team of pack house staff.
Assist in the expansion of the operations.
Promoting a culture of excellence that encourages people to be, rather than seem to be. Ensuring that people can abide by the Dudutech values; integrity, humility, endeavour, excellence and continuity.
Internal Flamingo Group
· Commercial & Operations Manager.
· Pack house team.
· QC manager.
Internal – with all departments in Dudutech, Flamingo Group,
External – Clients, Suppliers, Logistics Provider’s, Organizations, Government.
- Develop analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of supply chain staff
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g., third party logistics)
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify management objectives
- Oversee organization wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services
- Manage / coordinate the sales and operations planning process including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery
- Develop annual plans with prioritization and resourcing
- Develop and / or participate in the development of the supply chain strategy for the organization
- Manage and / or execute procurement related functions (e.g., develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.)
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices
- Monitor and analyse current trends in the marketplace
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Identify and manage risk within the supply chain
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues
- Stay informed of advances in supply chain technology and approaches, and apply within the organization to improve supply chain processes
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations in order to grow the business
- The successful candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university and/or an equivalent combination of training and supply chain experience. A related supply chain professional designation is usually required and international experience is considered an asset.
- Must have minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing agricultural inputs, flower or perishable pack houses.
- Must have excellent management experience.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have an understanding and good knowledge of floriculture industry industrial relations.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Knowledge of logistics, imports, exports and fleet management.
- Knowledge of the Bio Control / Bio Technology relating to agriculture and IPM an added bonus.
- Knowledge of production and rearing technologies for Bio Control agents an added bonus.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and associated software (i.e. database reporting, database user interface and query, electronic data interchange (RFID, barcode technology, etc.), management systems, resource planning, human resources, accounting, electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, transportation route planning, flowchart, and presentation)
- Maintain and project a positive attitude, and foster the same in others.
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Evaluate situations, identify problems, and exercise initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Excellent communication with Senior Management Team.