Workshop Assistant Job at SOS Children’s Villages
Posted on: 15 November, 2016
Deadline: 21 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SOS Children's Villages
At SOS Children’s Villages International we believe that children can only develop to their full potential if they have a supportive and protective family environment. We work to make this a reality. We are a social development organization which works in the areas of Child Care, Education, Health, Child Rights, Research and Emergency Response. The Eastern and Southern African International Branch Office in Nairobi has organized a Regional Resource Mobilization Training and seeks the services of a rapporteur/workshop assistant.
Scope of Work
- The Rapporteur/Workshop Assistant is required to familiarize him/herself with SOS and its scope of work, forum materials produced prior to the forum, forum venue as well as SOS staff. S/he will be involved in all phases of the forum – prior, during and after. S/he will;
- Support the forum organizers prior and during the forum with any logistical support required;
- Take notes on the main discussions, questions, remarks, conclusions and recommendations of each session;
- Take notes of matters arising from each session that need follow-up during the subsequent sessions/days of the forum;
- Assist the Consultant facilitator during the break-out sessions and jointly prepare a concise report indicating the title of presentation, deliberations and recommendations of each session.
Duration of assignment
The forum is planned from 28th November – 02nd December 2016. The costed man-days for this task is eight (8) days only. The assignment however is spread over the period from 25th November to 6th December 2016.
- The following will be delivered by the rapporteur:
- Concise report with proceedings of all the forum days
- Photos of the forum
Qualifications for the Workshop Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant area
- Experience in similar assignments – organizing and rapporteuring for workshops
- Excellent English report writing and communication skills
Method of Application
Proposals should be send to IPD.ESAF@sos-kd.org copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st November, 2016 clearly indicating the expected pay in USD per day. Only qualified bidders will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SOS Children's VillagesSimilar Jobs
- Senior Manager Finance at Population Services Kenya (PS Kenya) - Adept Sytem
- Country Director at Catholic Medical Mission Board - CMMB
- Regional Director at Aktis Strategy
- Job Opening at Norwegian Refugee Council
- HR Role at Beacon of Hope (BOH)
- Job Opportunities at International Rescue Committee - 3 Positions
- Job Opening at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Director, Finance at Living Goods