The Swedish embassy is one of 123 foreign representations in Kenya, and one of 99 foreign representations in Nairobi.
Programme Officer Job Main duties
- Plan, administer and follow up on Swedish funded projects by, inter alia: assessing and approving funding applications including budgets; preparing decisions/contracts and agreements; reviewing and approving narrative, financial and audit reports
- Financial management, including follow up of disbursements and payments of contributions
- Contribute to the development of Swedish strategies and policies for Kenya
- Represent the Embassy of Sweden and actively participate in coordination fora, program reviews and field visits
- Build relationships and develop networks through interaction and continuous dialogue with a multitude of actors, bilaterally and multilaterally
- Report and update relevant stakeholders on relevant emerging issues in Kenya
Qualifications for the Programme Officer Job
- Master’s degree in Economics, Trade, Business, Market Development or other equivalent academic background.
- Previous experience in Development arena working with Trade, Market Development, Productive Employment, or related areas.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in the above areas.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience working with national, regional and international trade and market development.
- Knowledge of Kenyan institutional, policy, and legal framework for trade, private sector and investments.
- Experience in programmes/projects design, implementation and performance monitoring.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- A strong understanding of Market Systems Development (M4P) as it relates to Green Growth, Agribusiness, Renewable Energy, Innovative Financing and ICT.
- Experience working with enterprises and with national trade promotion organizations and/or other business support organizations.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan development context in general (including institutional structures, key actors, development strategies, etc.) and specifically in relation to market development, agribusiness, green growth and trade.
- Experience of working with Results-based Management.
- Dynamic team player able to work inter-sectoral across different focus areas and take initiative as well as work independently.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Respect for cultural diversity, with the ability to fit into a diverse team and to establish networks.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills with good command of English.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiatives and work unsupervised.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate easily with colleagues.
Method of Application
Applications should include a detailed CV with educational qualifications, a summary of professional experience and a minimum of 3 professional references. Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com not later than 25th November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The contract is a fixed-term contract for 2 years with a possibility of extension. 6 months’ probation period applies. Terms and conditions for locally employed staff apply. For enquiries about the job, send an email to the Head of Section Ms Sandra Diesel, firstname.lastname@example.org . For enquiries about the terms and conditions send an email to Personnel Officer Louise Hallgren email@example.com