Swiss International Hotels & Resorts is an international hotel company, with its origin from Switzerland, where it was founded 31 years ago (1982). The Company has established partnerships with prominent hospitality specialists in the Swiss market hence providing a full range of expertise to the affiliated hotels. Hotel owners, operators or developers can either enter into license or a management agreement. A license affiliation allows the hotels to be branded Swiss International and use the Swiss International Hotels & Resorts' Central Reservation alongside the Swiss International products and preferred partnerships. Hotels entering a management agreement, are fully operated by the experts of Swiss International Hotels & Resorts, alongside the Swiss International products and preferred partnerships. In September 2012, Swiss International Hotels was awarded the Best Management Company for Investment Potential and the Swiss International Hotel Xiamen was recognized as the ‘2012 Best Business Hotel’ by the Golden Cup Award Selection Committee of Global Hospitality Industry in China. For any information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct the accounting operation with full management responsibility including the development of staff and establishment of goals and objectives for the hotel accounting function.
- Develop and strengthen internal control; this also includes ensuring adherence to set controls
- Develop financial policies, systems and procedures and communicate these to affected parties to monitor and ensure compliance in line with International Accounting Standards and generally accepted accounting principles
- Responsible for maintaining a stable cash-flow for the hotel by drawing up cash flow projections and appraising debtors & creditors to ensure steady cash flow.
- Enforce financial discipline across the organization and ensure all departments operate within the laid down financial policy framework.
- Production of timely and accurate management reports against strict deadlines.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and ensuring the care of company assets
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy and timeliness of inventory controls and cost controls.
- Compile and analyze financial information, prepare work papers and support schedules for Committees & Board meetings
- Preparation of tax and audit schedules including draft accounts for audits
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA finalist
- At least 5 years experience as Chief Accountant in hotel industry.
- Ability to maintain the company’s strict finance standards at all times
- Working knowledge of accounting packages
Method of Application
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with Swiss International Hotels & Resorts; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a day time phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Saturday 19th November 2016.
Please send to: email@example.com
Email subject should be: Chief Accountant - Kenya - Application - <followed by applicant's name>