Project Director Job at Internews Network
Posted on: 15 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Internews Network
Internews is an international is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide general oversight of the program, including program management, strategic vision, budget management, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners.
- Design and lead technical activities, including media assessments, training and mentoring.
- Supervise a team of local staff that includes journalism trainers, program officers, M&E specialist and accountant.
- Supervise the implementation of sub grants and act as the technical point of contact for sub grantees.
- Manage Internews staff and consultants that provide technical assistance to local media and CSO partners.
- Channel timely communication to the funder.
- Communicate challenges facing the project, and articulate the project’s successes in meeting those challenges.
- Responsible for the quality, cost, and timeliness of performance of all work performed under the funding contract.
- Responsible for the Monitoring and Evaluation of the Project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly programmatic reports.
- Strategize new directions for Internews to help independent youth led media.
- Fundraise for project continuation.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of local media in-country.
- Develop and maintain contact with local stakeholders.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 7 years of professional experience as a media professional or media development expert; OR Relevant professional experience managing capacity building and youth projects in Kenya.
- Substantial experience working as a Project Manager.
- USAID or USG experience is preferred.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing, and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a national staff and an international team of consultants.
- Strong interpersonal skills, necessary to maintain good relations with relevant stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills.
- Fluency in English required, Kiswahili a plus.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on ourAbout Working for Internews page.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Internews Network career website on chm.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Internews NetworkSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Regional Finance Director Job at World Vision
- Finance Officer Job at Hope for Victoria Children (HOVIC)
- Enumerator Job at Concern Worldwide - 30 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Oxfam
- Accounts Assistant Job at Wildlife Works
- Career Opportunities at Child Fund International
- Regional Director Job at International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Dairy Coordinators Job at Hivos East Africa