Area Communications Manager Job at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 16 November, 2016
Deadline: 25 November, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco (BAT
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
- The post holder is an integral part of the Region’s Corporate Communications team and develops, supports and implements proactive internal and external communications for their area to a high professional standard, contributing to employee engagement in delivering results in line with ambitious and successful business strategies and to employees’ and external stakeholders’ understanding of the Group’s business, vision, values and views.
- Prepare, contribute to, and/ or edit creative, organizational communication for internal audiences including employee/ functional newsletters and Area e-magazines and other media features.
- Delivering innovative, quarterly business cascades to the Business aligned as necessary to Regional and Global business cascades. On Time and In Full Cascades of Global, Regional, Area and End-Market business critical news.
- Develop and manage key relationships with local and industry media editors, writers and reporters. Embed an appropriate and professional relationship w/ the press including quick, responsible ways of communicating.
- Leverage media contacts to ensure adequate, balanced media coverage is received for corporate events, industry and business stories and corporate social responsibility initiatives in key media outlets in a timely manner.
- Give support as required to ensure that corporate activities build a favourable association, generate a favourable impression and positive reputation with our external stakeholders (i.e., undertake a successful corporate branding initiative).
- Coordinate public relations/ corporate communication for key corporate events, including the Annual General Meeting (AGM), Investor Briefings, and actively participate in and represent the company at various industry/ corporate events.
- Provide robust support to Functional and Business initiatives by ensuring On Time and In Full communication of innovations, milestones, projects, and initiatives to ECA Area Staff.
- Become the first point of contact for the dissemination of business critical information across the business and the Area.
- Creatively and effectively use existing platforms for internal communication towards ensuring that employees live the Strategic Leadership Agenda and Group Core Values.
- Graduate with five (5) or more years or experience in communications in Corporate Affairs with very good knowledge of contemporary communications good practice, including digital communications and social media
- Experience in media relations and campaigning
- Demonstrate experience in strategic communications planning, implementation and measurement
- Quick learner with strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization
- Good communications planning, project management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proactive and able to think and operate strategically, particularly in relation to appropriate messaging
- Confidence and ability to influence, persuade and coordinate internal stakeholders, including advising senior managers
- Sound judgement, ability to research and fact-check thoroughly and balance the demands of open communication with commercial/regulatory concerns
- Good supplier management experience and experience in managing media agencies
- High quality written and verbal communication skills and fluent English
- French language skills will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American Tobacco (BAT)Similar Jobs
- Project Coordinator at Tetra Pak
- Accounting Manager at L'Oréal
- Quality Manager at Kenafric Industries Ltd
- Animations Designer at Heri Naturals
- Job Opportunities at New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited
- Irrigation Account Manager at Doshi Group
- Head of Security at Kenya Tea Development Agency Ltd (KTDA)
- Associate Manager - Traditional Trade at SC Johnson