We pride ourselves as the leading HR & Management Consultancy currently headquartered in Africa. Covenant Executives Ltd is a renowned organization for high level of professionalism in all branches. We specialize in recruitment of human capital & HR advice to Companies. Over the years, we have been trusted by large Companies; Multinationals, Blue chip Companies, Corporates for applying best practices. Our core values are: Excellence, Professionalism, Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity & Communication.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Be a holder of a Kenya Registered Nurse or Kenya Community Nurse Diploma from a recognized medical training college.
- Holder of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience preferably in a school environment.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language.
- Knowledge and experience of providing first aid and the care of children
- Teamwork: flexible, co-operative, helpful; self-aware; collaborates well; ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Sensitivity: listens well and understands and responds to the needs of different elements of the school community
- Organization: systematic; efficient; meets agreed priorities
- Technical skill: good computer skills
- Physical: able to undertake all the physical requirements of the post and use equipment, according to health and safety guidelines.
Responsibilities for the Nurse Job
- To run and manage the dispensary/clinic and provide a high standard of service to pupils and members of staff.
- Assessing, evaluating and treating children at the clinic in accordance with the school regulations and guidelines set out by the Ministry of Education for preschoolers and Kindergarten children.
- Providing first aid and emergency care and treatment as necessary, this includes maintaining stock of all school first aid kits.
- Following good practice and specific directives on immunization procedures relevant to the school population and individuals.
- Observing and practicing procedures for control of infectious diseases.
- Maintaining the treatment room stock, hygiene and tidiness.
- Being aware of recommended safe storage, usage and disposal of medical supplies and drugs.
- Arranging to take the children to the hospital for any medical emergencies.
- Developing and writing policies for the dispensary/clinic in liaison with the HR Manager.
- Following procedures for the safe disposal of clinical waste maintaining safe storage, usage and disposal of medical drugs and supplies.
Duty station: Nairobi.
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience & qualifications.
Method of Application
Only applications with similar experience shall be contacted. Please specify, job title & current/Last salary (gross pay) on subject line. Kindly email cover letter & updated resume (word document format) to:
email@example.com . Use this format please on subject line: Senior Nurse, additional language (XXXXXX insert language). NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.