The name HCS Africa is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centered on adding value to your most important source of profit – Human Resource – and anything else in line with your business priorities which require the synergy of our partnering stakeholders.
Job Summary: A Supply Chain Manager must have comprehensive understanding of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
One must be in a position to employ best business practices that improve efficiency, reduce operating costs whilst increasing performance, and should also be committed to identify and implement continuous improvement in the Supply Chain.
- Directs the efficient and cost effective operation of commercial or industrial distribution center(s) or warehousing facilities.
- Manages inbound activities relates to the receipt and storage of goods and inventory management.
- Oversee outbound activities related to order-filing, stock replenishment, shipping etc.
- Responsible for making budgets that affect the entire Operations Department.
- Administers overall inventory management, productivity, and accuracy and loss prevention programs to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Coordinates inbound and or outbound activities.
- Do an operational audit and come up with recommendations and implementation plan.
- Develop a Procurement strategy, Policy and an implementation plan covering importation and local procurement.
- Develop a warehousing and distribution strategy, policy and implementation plan.
- In-charge of day to day management and reporting of all supply chain operations namely Procurement, Warehousing and Distribution.
- Audit all existing process documentation and upgrade all the working documents of supply chain function.
- Develop BEST standard operating procedures and processes for the supply chain function.
- Develop an organization structure of the supply chain department and support the sourcing, selection, induction of staff to address gaps.
- Develop Job Descriptions and KPIs for all positions in the supply chain department.
- Leadership, coaching, development and managing the performance of all supply chain employees through a structured process.
- Source, recommend and implement software that can be used to increase efficiency of all supply chain operations.
- In liaison with the business development team, take charge of forecasting demand, analyzing inventory, streamlining the order process and developing a system that will ensure that there is stock optimization.
- In liaison with the Finance department ensure proper cost controls and inventory cost analysis.
- Develop a comprehensive Health and Safety Policy for the supply chain operations.
- Develop, document and implement stock control measures.
- Develop, document and implement material handling processes
- Develop a waste management strategy, policy and implementation plan.
- Improve customer experience and handle all customer complaints arising from this department.
- Implements security, housekeeping and sanitation programs.
- Responsible for accurate inventory and data management.
- Hire, supervise, schedule and train personnel.
- Manages documentation and flow of imported goods from point of origin to warehouse.
- Monitor data management to keep accurate product, contracts, prizing and invoicing information.
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Ensure personnel safety and safe working environment of staff.
- Communicate needs and objectives to Managers and key personnel in procurement, logistics and distribution.
- Negotiate contracts to reduce costs and achieve maximum efficiency.
- Provide accurate routing information to ensure that delivering times and locations are coordinated.
- Accurately calculate total supply chain costs in relation to proposed new projects.
- To obtain quotes for transportation and also make cost comparisons.
- Warehouse distribution
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Identify and implement initiatives to reduce the overall supply chain cost base.
- One must have good analytical and planning skills to establish supply requirements.
- Review of demand forecasts with the marketing and production teams.
- Establish supply schedules and communicate requirements to members in the Supply Chain.
- Aim to ensure that all essential supplies are available when needed so that the company can meet market requirements.
- To control costs and minimize unnecessary stock.
- Maintain the Buffer stocks to ensure allowance for the extended Lead & Lag time.
- Monitor supply chain and employee performance in the Operations department.
- Establish metrics to assess factors such as quality, cost and delivery performance.
- Enforce standards of performance.
- Collaborate with the operations team to find ways of improving efficiency or reducing costs.
- Ensure that the Supply Chain team (Operations) can respond quickly to issues that could affect distribution of goods from the warehouse.
- Aim to build mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers so that the entire supply chain works in a well coordinated way.
- Instead of constantly changing suppliers to find the lowest prices, Supply Chain Managers should aim to build long-term relationships that offer quality, value and flexibility to meet changing supply requirements.
- BSc. Degree with Masters or MBA preferred. Advance certifications are a plus
- 4-6 years’ progressive experience Supply Chain Management (Management role)
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Supply Chain Manager on the Subject line.