Job Opportunity at PATH
Posted on: 17 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PATH
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
Social media management
- Collect and organize content for the APHIAplus Western Kenya project website and social media in coordination with technical teams.
- Proactively make updates across all platforms.
- Author brief social media postings with corresponding links and source appropriate images for the postings.
- Schedule and post social media content as per the content calendar and obtain approvals for content prior to publishing.
- Monitor and responds to followers’ feedback and inquiries in accordance to established policy.
- Ensure brand compliance across all social media assets deployed.
- Gather, analyze and report social media performance data and provide insights and actionable recommendations for improving performance over time.
Program writing and graphics design
- Solicit for information for success stories from technical team members and sub-grantees. Draft and/or edit success stories with appropriate photographs for sharing with USAID and key stakeholders.
- In consultation with technical teams, draft publicity materials including activity profiles and project factsheet, success stories, case studies, and articles for APHIAplus Western Kenya quarterly e-newsletter.
- Establish photo library using Flickr, prepare updated project presentations, site visit kits and press kits as appropriate.
- Provide design and layout support for all publications and publicity materials.
- Review the daily press for APHIAplus Western Kenya related topics and news, and share with team based on relevance.
- Help establish and maintain a database of project partners by soliciting input from the project team and key partners.
- Assist with coordination of field events, launches, site visits by USAID and other senior visitors to the project.
- Help prepare and update a standard information package on the APHIAplus Western Kenya project counties for distribution to the public and the media.
- A degree in the field of communications, marketing, international relations or a related area is desirable. Masters level education in the related fields of journalism, communications or public relations will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in the field of communications, social media management, preferably in the development sector.
- Experience with a USAID funded project will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office software, web design, HTML and other media software packages (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, video editing software) and photography is required.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of social media content sourcing and experience using Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr for campaigns and organizational outreach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective team relations.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical abilities and initiative to prioritize and complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH career website on path.silkroad.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PATHSimilar Jobs
- Cleaner at MSF Holland
- Assistant Director at FilmAid International
- Program Manager at Action Against Hunger
- Job Opening at Amref Health Africa
- Project Officer at International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR)
- Database Administrator The University of California San Francisc(UCSF)
- Agricultural Officers at Help a Child (HaC)
- Career Opportunities at Centre for Health Solutions - 7 Positions