Senior IT Service Manager Job at Conservation International
Posted on: 17 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Conservation International
Conservation International is an American nonprofit environmental organization headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. Its goal is to protect nature as a source of food, fresh water, livelihoods and a stable climate.
IT Service Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Manages the core activities of the Support services within the region and to work with other Senior Managers to leverage the service operational strategy as determined by the Global IT management to our field offices and to ensure proper delivery of IT Services.
- Assist is the establishment and enforcement of CI’s Standard’s, Policies and Procedures while maintaining a conduit between CI HQ and the Regional Field Programs on feedback and improving CI’s IT related policies and standards.
- Develop, train and mentor other IT team personnel within the region on issues as customer service, communication and technical skills to enhance support services delivery.
- Supervise and work with the Regional IT Coordinators to develop a professional growth and development through establishing a foundation for capacity building and creating a knowledge base initiative to improve their technical skills.
- Work with the IT management team to monitor and evaluate new technologies to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing environments.
- Engage with the Infrastructure team in research and technology required for implementation and improvements of the Field IT systems and help to design a performance monitoring system for system availability.
- Work with the Senior Director of ITSM and Senior Director of IT Solutions as a liaison regarding programmatic and communications IT related issues in his/her respective region.
- Manage system changes through the IT Change Management process with appropriate support staff, to ensure uninterrupted network services.
- Work with the Infrastructure team Install, Maintain, Troubleshoot all systems which are components of the CI Global Network infrastructure, WAN optimization systems, the IPT systems and advanced network systems located in CI’s international offices
- Work with the IT team to devise a strategy to determine the requirements for field office deployments and implementations based on budget and operational requirements.
- Coordinate network deployments and maintenance visits on IT projects in the CI international Offices.
- Participate in the IT Division’s Strategic planning process from a Regional and Field perspective.
- Engage in the Coordination of IT support operations for CI participations at International conferences.
- Work with the Sr. Director of IT Security on any IT security related activities in the regions and to coordinate with the infrastructure team to develop process and procedure to mitigate the impact of the risk on the global network
Qualifications for the IT Service Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s level degree in Information Technology, or other relevant field. Additional certifications in
- Infrastructure design and support or similar field strongly preferred.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in the IT field, including management of a team; effective support of remote users; ability to define and implement changes in business processes; excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Windows networks and a strong fundamental understanding of network operations and
- Internet protocols and connectivity.
- Proficient in understanding the Networking infrastructure technology and working knowledge in the Cisco
- Networking technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical instructions to users with varying levels of computer skills.
- Skill in Mac and Windows Applications, Proficient with Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows, Experience with CI Approved software and Applications
- Professional experience in areas such as IT operations, and business process management.
- Experience in developing information systems
- Experience working in an international context
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and follow-through and the capacity to think creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused and performs well in a fast-paced environment with changing and competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; other languages, especially French, a plus. Ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences is important.
- Strong vendor and consultant management skills and experience.
- Knowledge in project management
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a globally diverse team
- Flexibility; and Ability to travel to global locations upon request
- Knowledge in the Cisco Networking technologies.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Google Apps for Business management
- Minimal hazards: atmosphere and environment associated with office setting
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls, inquiries and deadlines
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards
- May be exposed to a variety of Electro-mechanical hazards
- Travel may be required for training, workshops and seminars
- Overtime and evening or weekend work may be required
- This position is based at Conservation International Office in Nairobi, Kenya
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
- Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
- Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
- Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
- Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
- Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
- Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Conservation International career website on chc.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Conservation InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at PATH - 2 Positions
- Accountant at Young Women's Christian Association
- Senior Technical Advisor at Palladium: Make It Possible
- Consultant at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Openings at FHI 360 - 4 Positions
- Communication Officer at African Union
- Senior Compliance Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Accounts Assistant at Jacaranda Health Ltd