BlueOrchard Finance is a globally leading impact investment manager with offices in Zurich, Geneva, Luxembourg, Lima, Nairobi, Tbilisi, and Phnom Penh. The company was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. To this day, the company has invested over USD 3bn in institutions across 60 emerging and frontier markets, providing access to financial and other services to over 26 million low-income individuals.
Your main responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of investees and develop new business opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Perform analyses and assess risk of existing and potential clients, including due diligence, credit and country risk;
- Mentor and support the local team of investment officers and develop processes and tools;
Your knowledge and experience
- Relevant leadership and management experience. Experience in managing a small team or a regional office is a plus;
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in banking, microfinance, insurance or economic development sectors; from which at least 5 years should be specifically in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments;
- Experience with assessing and negotiating debt is highly desirable. Familiarity with equity deals is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both in English and French;
- Degree, preferably advanced, in finance, business administration, economics, or related field;
Your personal profile
- Flexible, self-starter with good work ethics and positive energy;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability;
- Willingness to live and work in Africa and ability to frequently undertake work related travel.
Method of Application
Please send your application file in ENGLISH, including CV, cover letter and references with the subject line “Application to Senior Investment Officer – SSA” to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to BlueOrchard career website on unjobs.org to apply