Village Enterprise is a leading-edge organization forged and nurtured in Silicon Valley that has lifted hundreds of thousands of rural Africans out of extreme poverty. Guided by technological and business acumen, Village Enterprise has refined a model that is scalable and adaptable. Since our inception, we have started more than 35,000 businesses, trained more than 145,000 entrepreneurs and improved the lives of more than 700,000 women, children and men. Village Enterprise is now poised to reach potentially millions more.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Field Coordinator Job
Manage Business Mentor activities
- Manage Business Mentors, ensuring high-quality Core Program implementation by making regular field visits to your area of operation, assessing training and mentoring of businesses, spearheading village openings, guiding business mentors on SBs and PR grant applications and ensuring that business started are mentored.
- Bi-weekly meetings and Induction Training for BMs
- Prepare bi-weekly meeting and agendas, train BMs on new forms that need to be collected, constantly reinforcing the importance and value of the data we collect and helping BMs troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Each Biweekly, confirm the BMs have collected the proper forms and uploaded them to the database
- Lead and conduct Induction Training/on boarding for new BMs.
Core Program Reporting
- Develop Monthly Report, development and revision of the BM work plans, monitoring mentoring checklist, activity reports and ensuring tracking of updated attendance reports.
- Submit reports and minutes of any meeting attended on behalf of Village Enterprise.
- Government and Partnership Liaison
- Help establish a relationship with Local Government officials, community leaders and other stakeholders, attend partner meetings (as needed) in the sub counties and districts of operation and reporting on government and partnership meetings as needed
Innovations Team Activities
- Participate in weekly Innovation Team meetings, actively participating and bring a positive field perspective to the team.
- Support BMs in the implementation of pilots, studies and data collection as needed
Provide feedback and support to overall core program, pilots and strategic expansion
- Work with the innovations team to train other partners or organizations
Vision trip and Donor Visits
- Represent Village Enterprises values and program to donors, Vision Trips and visiting staff, work with management to arrange field scheduling for visitors and coordinate all preparations at the field level
- Business Mentor Reviews and Capacity Building
- Submit monthly reports to the ACD, HRO and CD on Business mentor performance, work with the HRO to conduct performance reviews for BMs and also assist with the improvement and development of monitoring activities and materials for business mentors
Qualifications for the Field Coordinator Job
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Agriculture or other area related to rural development
- Served in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of two (2) years in a busy organization (small business development is an added advantage)
- Proven proficiency in computer and web applications including Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Management/Leadership experience
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results
- In-depth understanding of socio-economic, cultural and political dynamics of West Pokot communities.
- Experience working in West Pokot County (a resident of the County is an added advantage)
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication in English, Kiswahili and Pokot a must.
Physical Environment and Demands
- Field based in a rural setup.
- Frequent travel (3-4 days a week) in field monitoring/implementation within designated area of operation.
- Public transport including motorbike (bodaboda) will be the mode of transport.
- Frequent interaction with communities and their local leaders
Method of Application
If you meet all the qualifications please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘FIELD COORDINATOR-WEST POKOT’ before 27th November 2016 COB.
Note: Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire as to the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.