Provide effective management to ensure successful implementation of the Hunger Free Youth Economic Empowerment Project that is aimed at improving youth livelihood opportunities and ensuring youth have sufficient incomes and resources to sustain productive and fulfilling lives.
- Ensure proper planning and implementation of the youth empowerment project
- Establish operational priorities and monitor performance targets for the respective field project staff
- Provide technical support and leadership to project officers to enable them effectively guide and support youth activities in the counties
- Ensure that project initiatives meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with WVK, the donor and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
- Ensure that project interventions are integrated with other projects/APs within the region
- Ensure identification of the needs of the youth and available resources and take appropriate programming measures
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Lead in the development of the project design and ensure compliance with WVK and donor guidelines and standards.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of all project interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts.
- Ensure timely and appropriate utilization of the budgeted project resources.
- Ensure proper application of business processes, standards and guidelines related to the project in accordance with the donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing activities in accordance with established norm and policies.
- Ensure that all the activities are implemented and evaluated in accordance with the WVK and donor standards.
- Support the project officers to set up and maintain effective complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure that youth concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that an effective and participatory M&E system is established in a decentralized manner as is possible and would be effective
- Ensure that, in general, project monitoring arrangements comply with the project agreement and, in particular, the provisions of this agreement are fully observed in the design of project M&E.
- Ensure quality monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual reports are compiled and submitted in a timely manner in line with the donor requirements.
- Lead the project in capacity building initiatives for staff, communities and partners to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
- Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff in order to ensure that they are able to perform and achieve the desired results.
Engagement, Networking and Resource Mobilization
- Ensure adequate representation with the donor, government of Kenya officials, private sector, civil society groups, including faith-based groups and youth associations.
- Map resource mobilization opportunities at local level and develop concepts and proposals in collaboration with regional and national office teams.
- Ensure close working collaboration with key Government line ministries and other like-minded partners.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (an advanced degree is preferred) in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness or a closely related field from a recognized University with relevant experience working with youth.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, and implementation; supervising and reporting on integrated development relief and/or advocacy project.
- Experience in youth livelihoods development programming; experience with proven youth programming models will be an added advantage,
- Have practical skills in research, monitoring and evaluation, training of trainers and report writing
- Must be computer literate.
- Proficient in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
- Office based environment with frequent travel to the field
- Travel required: 50% domestic travel; international travel may be required
- On call: as may be required