GOAL has been operational in Kenya since 1995 implementing integrated child empowerment and protection (CEP), health, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and livelihoods programing. Since its inception, CEP programming has been the core of GOAL Kenya’s operations. Since 2012 GOAL has directly impacted the lives of 238,767 vulnerable children and youth living in urban informal settlements in Nairobi and hard to reach, disaster-affected populations such as pastoralist communities in Marsabit.
The project is operational in Nairobi and Marsabit Counties reaching out to 151 schools, 63 Charitable Children’s Institutions, seven Statutory Children’s Institutions and targeted communities in Nairobi’s informal settlements (Mukuru, Korogocho, Dandora and Kariobangi) and Marsabit Central district.
· Conduct desk review of the following documents developed during the programme as a first step to identifying best practises including but not limited to: Integrated Action to End Child Violence Mid-Term Program Evaluation Report, National Plan of Action for Children 2015-2022, Nairobi and Marsabit County Children’s Service Providers Directories, Let us Keep our Children Safe, Draft Positive Discipline Handbook and Day Care Centre Guidelines for Nairobi County.
· Development of an inception report
· Develop research tools to identify good practises and learnings from interventions carried out during the Action
· Collect data on learning from key stakeholders (including but not limited to Department of Children’s Services, Ministry of Education, targeted institutions and other non-state agencies) from Nairobi and Marsabit field sites
· Analyse the qualitative data generated from key informant interviews and focus group discussions (FGDs) with targeted beneficiaries
· Draft a final report on the analysis
Expected outputs/ deliverables:
· A short inception report including a detailed work plan, list of key informants to be interviewed, data collection tools and outline interview questions – one week after signing contract.
· Submit first draft report to GOAL Kenya for feedback after which a final copy of the report will be prepared and will only be accepted by GOAL Kenya when all comments have been adequately responded to.
· Submit the final copies of the report in 2 bound-hard copies and a soft copy in MS word and PDF.
· Submit complete data set and codebook and all original recordings and transcripts of qualitative and raw quantitative data. Time frame for consultancy From 1st December to 20th December, 2016
Required Skills and Experience:
Interested and qualified consultants should submit their expression of interest containing and including the following documents:
Evidence of relevant hands on experience related to the assignment in the recent past
· Contacts of organizations previously worked for.
· Curriculum vitae of key personnel
· References from previous evaluations undertaken
· Consultant’s professional fee charges for the whole exercise in Kenya shillings
· Other relevant and allowable costs e.g. travel