Graduate School Consultant Job at Dalberg
Posted on: 22 November, 2016
Deadline: 8 January, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Dalberg
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and governments that are shaping international development. We focus on emerging and frontier markets, tackling topics such as economic development, global health, access to finance, agriculture, energy and the environment, among others. We offer outstanding individuals the opportunity to apply private sector skills to global challenges within an entrepreneurial working environment.
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled in a full-time graduate school program with an expected graduation date of May/June 2018 or May/June 2017 for one-year graduate programs.
- Positions are available in: Abu Dhabi, Addis, Dakar, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Johannesburg, Lagos, London, Mumbai, Nairobi, New Delhi, and Paris.
- The Graduate School Consultant Program for Summer/Winter Consultants is available between June and September 2017, and typically spans 10-12 weeks.
- Candidates interested in a Summer/Winter Investment Associate role with D.Capital should apply directly to that opportunity on Dalberg’s career website.
- Students graduating in 2016 or 2017 who are interested in and eligible for a full-time role in our African, Asian, European, or MENA offices should apply directly through Dalberg’s career website General Application specifying their office of interest. Candidates are requested to apply to only one opportunity, which best fits their background and interest.
- You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no individual is left behind. You enjoy working hard and collaborating with teams while traveling and working across continents and cultures. You are a problem-solver and excel at clear strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative analysis, and you want to hone these skills and put them to work – transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are an entrepreneurial doer that is ready to jump in and help us take our firm to the next level. You have been a ‘top-performer’ in your previous career. You are passionate about development.
- Dalberg combines ground-level insight – anchored by our offices around the globe – with high quality strategic advice from our staff, who have experience at top-tier professional services firms, leading academic institutions and high-impact social enterprises. Together, we create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Qualifications for the Graduate School Consultant Job
- Full-time graduate student getting an MBA, MPA, MPP, and/or other similar degree with expected graduation date of May/June 2018, or May/June 2017 for one-year graduate programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent academic record
- Experience working in a leading international management consultancy firm, financial services firm or similar type of private sector experience; or, experience working in a strategic role for a high-performing social or public sector organization
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to accomplish ambitious goals
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or environments
- In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in foreign languages (French required for Paris and Dakar offices; Arabic is a plus for Abu Dhabi especially)
- Experience with financial analysis and/or statistics
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, ideas or initiative
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dalberg career website on chk.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DalbergSimilar Jobs
- HR Role at Deloitte
- Administrative Assistant at Business Partner Consultants Limited (BPC)
- Group Head of Sales at Reeds Africa
- Corporate Sales Manager at Middle East Consultancy Services Limited
- Sales & Marketing Head at CA Global
- Job Opening at Nani Employees
- Junior Associate at McKinsey & Company
- Junior Sales Executives at Sheffield Steel Systems