If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
UNICEF is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Pay Grade: G-6
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, provide administrative support to the HR section activities in accordance with the HR work plan.
Key Expected Results
Timely Support to implement recruitment processes in the hiring and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the office.
Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all contracts renewal, termination, promotions and other HR activities.
- Support in recruitment and placement through drafting vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates. Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements. Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process. Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters. Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Timely review of the supporting documents for processing of staff entitlements and benefits to ensure correct entry in vision.
- Timely support in screening of applicants, administration of tests, contacting of candidates and organizing of interviews.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Support the section’s administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by supporting in implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures. Ensure organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest calibre. Team with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers and goals of diversity. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions. Develop and implement monitoring plans, including timetables, for contract reviews, renewals and terminations; ensures timely notice to staff.
- Support in the processing of entitlements and benefits for local staff in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms are completed by staff for data entry into VISION.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate (both electronic and manual files).
- Support in recruitment and selection process through drafting vacancy announcements for positions within SCO for review by supervisor. Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements. Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process. Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters. Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Facilitate preparation of travel documents and maintenance of up to date records on staff UNLP’s and related travel documents.
- Prepare, issue and handle general correspondence as and when required by staff.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Human Resources Management.
- Proficiency in computer applications word processing, spreadsheets, graphics.
- Work Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible human resources and/or administrative work experience.
- Experience in recruitment an added advantage.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on jobs.unicef.org to apply