Project Background: The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) boosts trade and investment with and within East Africa. It does this by deepening regional integration, increasing the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promoting two-way trade with the United States (U.S.) under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitating investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets. The Hub supports the U.S. Government’s presidential Trade Africa and Feed the Future initiatives.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The DCOP will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management of efforts to integrate cross-cutting activities (robust knowledge management (KM) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) practices, gender integration, and effective outreach and communications) into all technical activities;
- With guidance from the COP work with the project’s team to ensure an integrated approach in producing deliverables as outlined in the Work Plan and Rolling Milestones and Deliverables document;
- Oversee the Hub’s activities within the EAC member countries, including engagement with project stakeholders, including:national government staff, business and trade associations, and other private sector partners;
- Provide input and oversight in the quality delivery of country-level initiatives and activities, including trade shows/fairs, forums, and other high-visibility events;
- Coordinate integration of all components to achieve optimal results and impact;
- Recommend to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact;
- Evaluate the performance of program activities and prepare a progress report upon completion of the assignment;
- Help coordinate the identification, approval, hiring, and mobilization of short-term consultants; and
- Other tasks as directed by the Chief of Party.
- The DCOP will supervise the four (4) country representatives (in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and Ethiopia), as well as the four Nairobi-based technical component leads.
The Deputy Chief of Party will report to the Chief of Party.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to DAI Kenya - Development Alternatives, Inc. career website on chm.tbe.taleo.net to apply