• Assisting in the Company discussions with various stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Government, banks, potential strategic investors, lessors, lessees, and suppliers;
• Making longer term financial projections for the company, as well as short term financial oversight of the company;
• Coordinating work of various advisors in the financial transaction;
• Ensure that the company’s work streams in the financial transaction are appropriately managed;
• Manage a weekly cash flow forecasting and ensure dissemination internally and to advisors;
• Ensure that any key internal financial and operational developments are communicated to advisors; and
• Prepare progress reports from various advisors and report to the Management and Board of Directors as required. This appointment is for a period of 6-12 months based on timelines of the ongoing financial and operational restructuring.
Key Qualifying Criteria
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Finance, Strategic Management or a related field from a recognized university;
• A Master’s Degree in a business or Finance related field would be an added advantage;
• Relevant Professional Qualifications in CPA (K), ACCA, CFA, CIMA etc; and
• Minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience in senior management preferably in a large organisation in the Aviation Industry.
Critical competencies for success
• Proven experience as a consultant who has delivered large projects in complex global businesses;
• Strategic leadership exposure in a large organizations;
• Experience in Finance Transformation Projects; and
• Robust Project Management competence including: Stakeholder Management, 3rd party contractual negotiations, and managing other external consultants.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, and quoting the respective reference number on your application letter.
To be considered, your application must be received by Monday 5 December 2016 addressed to: The Director
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way
Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Please note: Due to the urgency in filling these roles, candidates may be shortlisted before the closing date for applications. Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization