FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: User Support Associate I
The User Support Associate 1 provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the liaison between the IS department and the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access. Also, provides first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Prepares PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training to end user. Handles basic support of hardware, applications and operating systems, technical consultation and networking.
- Provides first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware through troubleshooting.
- Simulates or recreate processes to resolve operating difficulties and recommending system modifications to improve performance.
- Interacts with networking services, software systems, and applications as appropriate for problem resolution.
- Prepares PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training.
- Assists in supporting and training company users about online communication services and client hardware and software operating environments.
- Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Responds to help desk hotline and maintains accurate information within the IS tracking system.
Applied Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Understands basic operation of functional units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self- motivate through assignments and routines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Other certifications such as ITIL, MCSE, A+, N+
- 2-3 years of experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and data entry/accounting systems.
- Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Problem Solving & Impact
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Errors may affect departmental function and ability to meet deadlines.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions; work is subject to regular review.
- Works independently on tasks, developing own work schedule and monitoring progress against defined parameters.
- Does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
Technology To Be Used
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to FHI360 NGO career website on jobs-fhi360.icims.com to apply