Key Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Performance and profitability
• Directly responsible for the Trade product P&L within the country Have clear responsibility over pricing for products and management of assets, contingents, and for the allocation of RWA (trade)
• Work with the Country TB head in the management of the country ALCOs in alignment. Monitoring market changes and pricing strategies.
• Directly responsible for driving investment business cases and the business operating model for the product line
• Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII for the product line.
• Develop jointly with the Sales team a local strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
• Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
• Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow
Product Management and Development
• Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in the country for the product in conjunction with the Country Product head
• Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments
• Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for Trade. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
• Ensuring global training initiatives are executed across all countries in the region in line with the global commercialization agenda.
• Act as the main conduit for championing to Central Product for the product line and Client Access all investment cases (BRD or PAR or its equivalent) for product development or enhancements and for local regulatory requirements
• Responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for it launch
• Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of Trade
• Provide ongoing support and training to TB sales, CIC, CC, GM, Risk and GTO staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals.
• Maintain high level client interaction. Approximately 20% of your time should be spent on client-related activities focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
• Be a lead market advocate for TB for the product line and seen as SME in the regional markets participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums. Build strong relationships with key regulators governing product line.
Risk & Governance
• Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to Trade products within the region.
• Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs/ CEF
• Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
• Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks. Actively participate in NPC roll out and execution in the region.
Qualifications and Skills
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply