Finance Assistant at Palladium International
Posted on: 23 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Palladium International
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
The main objective of this Finance Assistant role will be to manage day-to-day financial transaction payments for ESHE, and support the smooth and efficient running of the project?s finance unit. The Finance Assistant will report to the ESHE Finance Manager. The role is based in Nairobi.
Key responsibilities, duty and tasks:
- Handle day-to-day financial transaction payments and ensure associated documentation is complete
- Review monthly MPESA requests, arrange for approval & facilitate payment.
- Maintain petty cash reserve and documentation
- Assist the technical teams & Finance & Administration Manager in developing forecasts
- Support the technical teams with expenditure tracking
- Maintain and file payment documents for project expenses, in both hard and soft copy. Ensure electronic filing on Sharepoint of scanned financial documentation is completed monthly.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in making tax payments and statutory deductions to relevant government departments; relating to employees, consultants, and service providers.
- Handling procured vendor files from stage of drawing up Purchase Orders/Service Level Agreements, receiving invoices, and drawing up payment approval forms as well as handling any vendor queries on payments.
- Maintain updated Asset Register, and ensuring labelling of all assets
- Any other duties as required, including in relation to support of the smooth running of the ESHE project.
- A Degree in business management, commerce or accounting
- 5 years? experience in financial management in an NGO, preferably donor-funded.
- A certified Accountant or undertaking final exams to qualify
- Essential IT skills and experience in the use of financial accounting systems.
- Understanding of Kenyan laws governing payroll management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium International career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Palladium InternationalSimilar Jobs
- HR Account Officer at Aurum Consultants
- Job Opportunities at Versed Professional Services - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Brites Management - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancies at Alternate Doors - 5 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Lafayette Resources - 2 Positions
- Job Openings at Duma Works - 2 Positions
- Latest Recruitment at CA Global
- Job Vacancies at Impact Basics