If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
Ref: KETRACO/5/1C/40/93/Vol I – B
The Chief Pilot is accountable to the General Manager, Technical Services and shall be responsible for effective and efficient operations of the Company aircraft to facilitate the execution of air-mobile maintenance work on transmission lines and other air transportation services as required.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Providing aerial support in the maintenance of Transmission Lines;
- Operating Company aircraft in accordance with Air-Navigation Orders and Regulations of KCAA;
- Ensuring that Company insurance schedules are compiled with;
- Maintaining Company aircraft technical records;
- Planning and execution of preventive and corrective maintenance schedules of company aircrafts;
- Coordinating functional activities within the unit;
- Maintaining operational linkages with other Departments/Sections of the Company;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the unit;
- Implementing management and technological innovations to enhance efficiency in the unit;
The right candidate will have:
- KCSE Grade B+ or equivalent;
- Minimum Commercial Pilots License (CPL) on helicopters;
- At least 2000hrs on helicopters;
- Twin engine helicopter experience( Minimum 1000hrs);
- Must be fluent in English;
- Good inter personal and communication skills;
In addition to the above, successful candidates will be expected to:-
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- A certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Possess strong coordination skills and a high regard for safety;
- Comply with all mandated regulations;
- Be able to work a continuous travel based rotation schedule;
- Have ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities;
- Have ability to work cooperatively in team environment;
- Be able to work independently in an efficient manner;
- Have ability to travel extensively and work overtime;
- Continuously maintain a positive attitude and awareness for Safety;
- Have Computer and internet skills.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
1. The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms
2. The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 8th December, 2016.
Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
The Managing Director, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI Complex, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 – 00100, Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.