Assistant Reservations Manager Job at Alternate Doors
Posted on: 24 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Alternate Doors
Our Client is a Five Star Hotel currently recruiting an Assistant Reservations Manager. The incumbent in this position is responsible for following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of all segments. The position focuses on hotel’s national and international accounts in terms of individual bookings.
Duties for the Assistant Reservations Manager Job
- Assist the reservations manager to motivate the team skillful at up-selling and/or conversion as required by the business demand.
- Participates in staff recruitment, organizes on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, performance in order to ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to hotel service standards.
- Maintains good working relations with other departments, particularly Front Office and keeps close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Assist the reservations manager to control rates for group business, low yield rooms allocations, complimentary rooms and upgrading, group space blockage and timely wash, especially during the peak season and/or high demand days when expected occupancy is above 85%.
- Assist the reservations manager to ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in the GDS andOpera system for ease of reservations by companies worldwide.
- Checks regularly and disseminates information on market situation including; weekly check and report on booking trend in the market through exchanges with competitors, test calls and reports on seasonal rates book-able at competitor hotels, etc.
- Assist the reservations manager to supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Tracks and prepares the necessary reports required for monthly submission to Administration Office.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- To keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.).
- To update customers with the latest development of the hotel by means of Web-site and some other available distribution channels.
- To keep reservations staff informed on all changes or developments within the hotel and the company.
- To spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Training, developing, and motivating staff to increase productivity.
- To keep department informed of all changes in the customer profile.
- To monitor group bookings and work closely with group department in order to achieve budgeted figures.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Have a full working knowledge and ability to supervise, train, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks, in assigned place of work, accordingly to the standards as set.
- Train employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- To have complete understanding of the Hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Assistant Reservations Manager Job Qualifications
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- One (1) to Three (3) years supervisory or same position experience required. Reservation experience required.
- Creativity, Stress Management, Self Development, Listening and oral Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership skills
- Supervising, training and instructing skills
- Fluent English
- Opera System
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Method of Application
If you feel you fit the above role ,please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org . We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing.Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Alternate DoorsSimilar Jobs
- Senior Consultant 2, Corporate Finance at PKF Consulting
- Sales Representative at HRBP Solutions
- Retail – Inventory Accountant at Corporate Staffing
- Job Opportunities at Summit Recruitment and Search - 4 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Recours Four Kenya (R4Kenya) - 3 Positions
- Sales Representative at Indepth Research Services (IRES)
- Truck Driver at People Foco
- Accountant at Royal Management Consultants (RMC)