Primary-School Head Teacher Job at Elite HR
Posted on: 24 November, 2016
Deadline: 25 November, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Elite HR Solutions
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A Christian based school located in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Head Teacher. The incumbent must be a Christian.
Head Teacher Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to and implementation of recommendations from the Ministry of Education;
- Ensure syllabus for all lower classes is covered to the MoE standard;
- Manages and ensures the pre-school teachers meet their set performance target;
- Conducts objective quarterly performance appraisals for all direct reports and guided by the school’s performance policy;
- Attends to parents and school guests and attends to all the queries or concerns they might have to the extent of his/her role.
- Tasked with ensuring proper discipline is enforced in pre-school and ensuring it is being carried our as per school policy
- Manage and ensure proper delivery of duties by the support staff
- Be conversant with current early childhood theory and practices and have the ability to communicate this knowledge, deliver high quality early childhood education & model appropriate and teaching strategies and articulate their teaching philosophy and the theories on which it is based.
- Demonstrate a high level of quality interaction with children and the programmes demonstrate a genuine understanding of children as competent and confident learners.
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and caregivers and their children. Demonstrate a range of appropriate communication skills to develop a professional working relationship with teachers, parents and caregivers and children.
- Steps in for the administrator in case of absence
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music and storytelling.
Required Skills for the Head Teacher Job
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good command of English
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Excellent computer skills
- Leadership skills
Head Teacher Job Education and Training
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development, KHA training will be an added advantage.
- 3 years professional experience as a qualified teacher.
- First Aid knowledge
- Computer literacy
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by C.O. B tomorrow 25th November 2016.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Elite HR SolutionsSimilar Jobs
- Associate Consultant at Career Connections
- Job Opportunities at Crystal Recruit - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancies at Flexi Personnel - 2 Positions
- Business Development Director at Robert Walters
- Latest Recruitment at CA Global
- Job Openings at Corporate Staffing Services - 2 Positions
- Digital Marketer at Duma Works
- Job Vacancies at Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL)