Supply Chain Manager Job at Adept Systems
Posted on: 24 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Adept Systems
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adept Systems is a Kenyan company established in 1994, providing a full range of management consultancy services in the areas of human resources
Supply Chain Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Manage the purchasing, demand planning, stores, and dispatch & logistics functionsManage the teams in these units through effective performance management, including the setting up and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), training and mentoring.
- Formulate, execute and review supply chain management plans, systems and procedures so as to ensure the achievement of corporate strategic objectives and to ensure effective ccoordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales
- Provide timely and accurate flow of supplies, ensure optimal storage of materials, and oversee warehousing and dispatching functions and ensure satisfactory customer experienceManaging the flow of goods between storing and dispatch areas.
- Champion the demand and supply planning functionConfer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products
- Coordinate budgetary planning, forecasting and monitoring in relation to material supply and logistics and negotiate improved pricing, product quality and delivery times.
- Develop and implement an annual procurement plan based on budgets, previous year’s spend and stocking levels.
- Liaise closely with Shipping /Freight Forwarding agents for timely export delivery & receipt of imported materials and minimized shipping and clearance charges.
- Review weekly and monthly production schedules and demand forecasts to estimate peak and delivery timings
- Monitor supply chain performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Manage the performance of the distribution service providers to achieve best in class levels of on time in full delivery, error free, ensure quality standards are met
- Effective inventory management to continuously improve the stock availability and stocks accuracy
Qualifications for the Supply Chain Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supply, Logistics or related field
- Post-graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management desired- CIPS
- At least five (5) years experience in supply chain management in a manufacturing set up, three (3) of which must be in a managerial position.
- Experience in working with an ERP System
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Good leadership and people-management skills including managing performance, mentoring and coaching, motivation and discipline.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adept Systems career website on jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Adept SystemsSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Corporate Staffing Services - 2 Positions
- Digital Marketer at Duma Works
- Accounts Clerk at Covenant Executives
- Job Vacancies at Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL)
- Sales Manager at Adept Systems, Management Consultants
- Regional Security Manager at Atkin
- Business Development Administrator at Outrival HR Solutions & Consultancies
- Security Officer at Brites Management