Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient. Incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1988, Mercy-USA’s projects focus on improving health, nutrition and access to safe water, as well as promoting economic and educational growth around the world.
Finance Officer Job Duties
- Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions is maintained in a systematic order and in safe and secure conditions in the field office.
- Responsible to prepare Financial Reports for Mercy USA implemented programs, OFDA and UNICEF projects and any other donor where applicable
- Maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions.
- Maintain effective control over cash and bank, and ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records.
- Ensure that field office funds are adequately managed.
- Prepare, Administer monthly payrolls ( where applicable)
- Ensure all Finances distributed to staff for program activities are properly accounted and cash
- Prepare scheduled and project financial and grants budgets and financial reports thereof and submit to
- Regional office within set deadlines;
- Monitor the project cash flow, follow up on transfers with Regional Office and maintain updated bank records;
- Maintain appropriate financial filing system;
- To be responsible for and supervise all persons reporting to him employed by the Employer and to ensure that all such employees carry out their duties diligently at all times
- Oversee petty cash, prepare Petty cash vouchers, keep cash book, prepare replenishment requests top ups and maintain established petty cash level
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Job
- Degree in the specified field- Finance, Accounts
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage CPA-K
- 2 years in similar position
- Work related skills Good organizational skills
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Able to meet set target on a monthly basis
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relation skills
Method of Application
The position will close 6th December 2016, the incumbents should send their CV’s and cover letters or motivational letters to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
This job description is meant to be only a representative summary of the duties and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. The jobholder may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description. The jobholder is expected to perform in a manner consistent with the values and philosophy of
“Mercy USA for Aid and Development”