Business Environment Reform (BER) Lead at Coffey
Posted on: 25 November, 2016
Deadline: 22 January, 2017
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Coffey
Kenya Sustainable Urban Economic Development (SUED) will promote market-driven, climate-smart growth in emerging towns, cities and growth corridors. It will do this through an integrated supply and demand-side approach in tackling sustainable urban economic development challenges in 10-12 priority counties and towns. Specifically, it will facilitate public-private investment in sustainable infrastructure and value chain projects, alongside building the capacity of county authorities to improve their urban economic planning and enable business environment reforms. The programme aims to achieve these objectives through four components: Urban economic planning; improved sub-national level business environment reform; Implementation of an Urban Infrastructure Advisory Facility, and; strengthening rural-urban value chains.
- An advanced university degree (or equivalent) in the fields of law, economics, public policy, business administration, or other relevant.
- At least 10 years of experience of assisting governments and private sector entities with legal reform, legislative drafting and capacity building in order to improve the business environment in the respective context, ideally including work in Kenya on County level or at least in East Africa.
- Extensive experience of analysing factors hindering business (ideally in a participatory approach), drafting legislative improvements and implementing these.
- Experience of successfully building the capacity of government officials and institutions, preferably at local/regional government levels, in order to help improve the business-enabling environment; including through the design and delivery of training.
- Strong knowledge of Kenya's business-enabling factors, including institutional capacity on a national and country level.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on donor-funded programmes in challenging and fast-changing environments.
- Working knowledge of DFID's approaches to market development, and experience in supporting programme design.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering DFID programmes, including ensuring value for money throughout the project lifecycle.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Coffey career website on careers.coffey.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs