General Manager Job at Preferred Personnel
Posted on: 27 November, 2016
Deadline: 5 December, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Preferred Personnel Africa Ltd
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to Business Development teams for intermediary business thus achieving the delivery of the General Business Budget through the various channels of Brokers, DSF, Branches, Nairobi
- Agents and other independent Agents.
- Deliver business targets for both new and renewal business.
- Procuring quality business through collaboration with the Underwriting teams.
- Collecting premiums due in conjunction with the Credit Control team.
- Developing the Company’s Business Development strategy for the intermediary business.
- Developing appropriate strategies that will promote the company’s operations and ensure timely implementation.
- Collaborating with Underwriting and Operations teams to ensure timely issuance of quotations and achievement of Customer Service metrics
- Putting in place standards for the company and interdepartmental service level agreements that will improve the company’s service ratings.
- Ensuring that service to customers and procedures meet their expectations.
- Supporting the Company’s strategic plan by ensuring a reliable Customer Relationship Management system.
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels, effective performance management and motivation of staff.
Required Experience/Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- ACII Professional Qualifications.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in a Business Development role within the Insurance or Financial
- Services sectors; with at least 3 years in a senior management role.
- Demonstrable experience in Business Relationship Building with Brokers and other Business partners.
- A proven track record of sustainable Business Development within the Corporate Insurance Business.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to engage decision makers at different levels as well as develop effective working relationships with Brokers, business partners and other third parties.
- A broad understanding of the insurance cycle and its varying machinations.
- Dynamic, strategic individual with strong analytical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership, people management and planning & organizing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to interact and establish credibility within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Method of Application
Apply now at the link below. Closing date: Applications should be complete and submitted before the close of business on 5 December 2016.
Interested and qualified? Go to Preferred Personnel Africa Ltd career website on www.teamiq.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Preferred Personnel Africa LtdSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Janta Kenya - 5 Positions
- Storekeeper at Janta Kenya
- Business Development Director at GeoTech
- Director of Investments at Jack Hammer
- Career Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 2 Positions
- Finance and Grant Strategy Advisor at Sanivation - Shortlist
- Accountant at Brites Management
- Regional Programme Manager at Dynamic People Consulting