Human Resource Consultant Job at Ongoza Kenya
Posted on: 27 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Ongoza
Ongoza (www.ongozayouth.org/) is a young, dynamic organization working to empower youth as catalysts for social change through economic empowerment and community leadership. We identify groups of vulnerable young women and men with an existing micro-enterprise and social mission and help them scale up to larger social enterprises.
HR Consultant Job Responsibilities
- Please note other responsibilities may be required based upon the growth of Ongoza.
- Establish a results-based, quantitative performance management system
- Establish a regular means of internal training for professional development, using current team members as teachers
- Build a mechanism for continuous improvement within our HR system, including employeemsurveys and a mechanism for turning recommendations into action. Ensure it can be operated by current Ongoza staff.
- Establish a contract appraisal and renewal system
- Provide consultation and dispute resolution services to Ongoza team members
- Implement a staff welfare and wellness program to include counseling, work-life balance, and other related matters
- Establish recruitment processes and procedures, and assist in interview processes
- Maintain current and up-to-date HR files and databases
- Consolidate and update the Ongoza HR Manual to reflect field-wide best practices
- Advisement on complex HR personnel issues
Qualifications for the HR Consultant Job
- Ongoza is looking for candidates who are experienced, proactive, and passionate about Ongoza’s mission, and who demonstrate the flexibility to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Must have five or more years experience in a similar position building modern datadriven human resource systems in Kenya. Must be a member of the Institute for Human Resource Management.
- Must be familiar with technical HR and workflow software systems.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with youth and entrepreneurship programs a preference
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Swahili a plus)
Method of Application
Applications accepted until filled. Please send a detailed cover letter with a CV addressing your relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line please include Ongoza Human Resources Consultant. We look forward to hearing from you!
❮ Back to All Jobs