Human Resource Consultant Job at Ongoza Kenya
Posted on: 27 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Ongoza
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Ongoza (www.ongozayouth.org/) is a young, dynamic organization working to empower youth as catalysts for social change through economic empowerment and community leadership. We identify groups of vulnerable young women and men with an existing micro-enterprise and social mission and help them scale up to larger social enterprises.
HR Consultant Job Responsibilities
- Please note other responsibilities may be required based upon the growth of Ongoza.
- Establish a results-based, quantitative performance management system
- Establish a regular means of internal training for professional development, using current team members as teachers
- Build a mechanism for continuous improvement within our HR system, including employeemsurveys and a mechanism for turning recommendations into action. Ensure it can be operated by current Ongoza staff.
- Establish a contract appraisal and renewal system
- Provide consultation and dispute resolution services to Ongoza team members
- Implement a staff welfare and wellness program to include counseling, work-life balance, and other related matters
- Establish recruitment processes and procedures, and assist in interview processes
- Maintain current and up-to-date HR files and databases
- Consolidate and update the Ongoza HR Manual to reflect field-wide best practices
- Advisement on complex HR personnel issues
Qualifications for the HR Consultant Job
- Ongoza is looking for candidates who are experienced, proactive, and passionate about Ongoza’s mission, and who demonstrate the flexibility to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Must have five or more years experience in a similar position building modern datadriven human resource systems in Kenya. Must be a member of the Institute for Human Resource Management.
- Must be familiar with technical HR and workflow software systems.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with youth and entrepreneurship programs a preference
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Swahili a plus)
Method of Application
Applications accepted until filled. Please send a detailed cover letter with a CV addressing your relevant qualifications to email@example.com . In the subject line please include Ongoza Human Resources Consultant. We look forward to hearing from you!
❮ Back to All Jobs