Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
Resource Mobilization Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective resource mobilization strategy, in line with the organization’s plans, while considering the National Society’s long term and short term objectives.
- Provide leadership in the development of resource mobilization and marketing plans, budgets and programmes, and day to day management required to implement and manage all the initiatives, including staff and volunteer management.
- Establish committees as required to guide and assist with resource mobilization events and campaigns.
- Establish in conjunction with the management and board, mutually agreed resource mobilization targets with expected annual growth.
- Lead and manage the resource mobilization team. Work with the team to develop and implement strategies for individual donor development and acquisition, legacies, community groups, trusts, major donors, new initiatives, university and corporate support.
- Develop and manage effective financial planning and control within the unit, including monitoring and evaluation of all income and expenditure targets.
- Maintain all aspects of donor liaison and public contact for the organization, including with individuals and with the corporate and private sector.
- Maintain the resource mobilization base and build on existing relationships with donors, volunteers and funders.
Manage the team, including appraisals, monthly progress reviews, coaching, training and development activities and team building. Deal with performance, grievance and disciplinary issues, recruitment and selection as required.
Working with other managers to develop and implement a strategy for acquisition, relationship development and the achievement of income from each income stream ensuring delivery to target.
- Excellent and proven resource mobilization experience, including finance management.
- Excellent proven experience of managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers, including experience of successfully developing a network of remote resource mobilization supporters.
- Leading and Managing – Competence evidenced by the ability to inspire, enthuse and communicate, delegating supporting, coaching or directing as appropriate. Provides clarity and direction to the team. Is able to identify, address and solve performance issues with their team.
- Managing relationships – Competence demonstrated by an ability to understand and react appropriately to motivations that drive colleagues’ behaviour. Is sensitive to cultural differences and behaves appropriately within them. Understands how to develop productive working relationships.
- Self motivation – Competence demonstrated by the level of timeliness and accuracy the individual displays in carrying out their role, by their personal energy and enthusiasm and by their willingness to learn to exceed expectations in their role.
- Planning and organization – Competence demonstrated by the ability to process requirements of role effectively. Is able to gather and use resources effectively. Can prioritize workload appropriately and are able to review and amend priorities and actions as and when required.
Qualifications for the Resource Mobilization Job
- Masters degree in relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience of unrestricted resource mobilization at strategic level.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading and managing a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising systems and processes.