Office Manager Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 29 November, 2016
Deadline: 2 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences for Health (M
Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
is a nonprofit international health organization with nearly 2,500 people from over 74 nationalities working in over 40 countries. Our mission: Saving lives and improving the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities
- Regularly carry out and monitor office and administrative activities to ensure smooth support is provided, and in accordance with defined procedures and processes.
- Manage building and generator maintenance, and general office security.
- Ensure staff safety including fire and safety checks and plans; arrange emergency drills and practice evacuation; respond to office emergencies appropriately.
- Identify any office repairs needed and coordinate proper repair work (furniture, windows, blinds, electrical etc including fumigation)
- Manage vendor agreements (e.g. cleaning, electrical repairs, security among others) and relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain office files, ensures that all correspondence are properly copied and filed in accordance with filling system and records retention policy.
- Ensure office supplies are procured timely and stocks properly monitored; that payments to office service providers and vendors are processed timely in order to avoid service interruptions
- Ensure all office facilities functions are supervised accordingly including reception, cleaners and guards.
Asset, Property and Inventory Management
- Responsible for property management and office inventory; ensuring that complete record of assets, equipment and inventories (asset register) are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor regulations. Ensure assets are allocated and signed for properly as well as perform periodic asset verification.
- Conduct inventory reviews and update inventory tracking records and reports quarterly.
- Manage system to ensure safe keeping and usage of all in-country property under MSH stewardship, including proper insurance of assets.
- Assist with coordinating inventory dispositions as approved.
- Ensure equipment is available and serviced regularly
- Ensure that adequate security and oversight is in place to safeguard all assets on the premises.
- Assist in coordination of any insurance claims for damaged, lost, stolen property.
Stores and Stock Management
- Oversee management of Stores for office consumables, program supplies including monitoring stock levels and ascertaining re-order levels.
- Inspect goods at receipt, including issuing GRVs and recording receipts in stock cards. This includes ensuring that goods are not damaged at the time of receipt, and that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
- Keep track of movement of the items in and out of the stores and to the final destination(s).
- Ensuring the availability of adequate amount of supplies and materials regularly required for smooth operation of project activities.
- Coordinate with Procurement Unit to assist in the procurement of goods and services when stocks run low
- Maintaining an inventory tracker for items tagged and labeled in the stores, ensuring that items do not leave the stores until they have been tagged and labeled accordingly.
- Ensure the safety and security of the stock, ensuring that there are adequate security systems in place to guard against theft, fire or any form of destruction.
- Enter data and update stock orders in a computerized inventory system; prepare monthly stock reports for review by the Operations Manager.
- Manage office petty cash ensuring proper accountability and timely disbursement
- Manages the dispatch of stores items. It is the responsibility of the position holder to keep reminding requestors of the items or equipment to be dispatched
- Overseeing and supervising staff who maybe requested to support your area of implementation.
- Any other assignment that is consistent with the job position.
- Provide timely, cost effective, and high quality support and service to all MSH country-based projects and activities.
- Assist to mitigate risks and rectify challenges identified.
- Provide supervision to Receptionist and Office Assistant and is accountable for their performance management (including regular results, check-ins, formal appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support)
- Ensure actions are governed by the highest standards of personal and business conduct as stipulated in policy guidelines.
- Contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time
Qualifications for the Office Manager Job
- Degree in Administration or related field.
- 3 years relevant experience in similar position.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and learn complex procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with managing an office and ability to work as an effective team player
- Knowledge of donor regulations preferred.
- Computer skills in word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Office preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages.
- Good supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to travel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) career website on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences for Health (MSH)Similar Jobs
- Communications Specialist at DAI Kenya
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor at World Vision
- Child Survival and Nutrition Technical Advisor at Save the Children International
- Job Opportunity at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) - 2 Positions
- Regional Managing Director at Nature Conservancy
- Coordinator at Tear Fund International
- Job Vacancies at Help a Child - 2 Positions
- Director of Finance at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics