If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The name HCS Africa is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centered on adding value to your most important source of profit – Human Resource – and anything else in line with your business priorities which require the synergy of our partnering stakeholders.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading and overseeing the implementation of its programs in Kenya. The country program is aimed at strengthening the impact of civil society advocacy on budget policy and outcomes, and seeks to improve the dialogue and partnerships between these groups and other accountability stakeholders, including governments, oversight institutions, and the media, in the budget process. Applied policy research, grant making to civil society groups, providing training and technical assistance, and enabling networking, reflection and learning are all integral components of the work in the country.
- Leads strategic planning and priority setting for comprehensive strategy in Kenya, in a manner that ensures that the work in Kenya best contributes to the realization of the mission and overall strategy of the global organization, and creates the opportunities for its other programs to more intensively support civil society engagements in the country.
- Leads and directs the implementation of the organization’s country strategy priorities, including identifying key program partners, and planning and providing the optimum mix of support partners required to increase the impact of their advocacy campaigns directed at improving budget policy and outcomes.
- Supports partners in the processes of applying for, and implementing their grant resources, as appropriate and/or as required.
- Details the resources required for the implementation of the organization’s country strategy, secures approval for these resources from Board of Trustees and the global organization, and manages and monitors the annual budget.
- Contact funding partners as designated by the global organization, to explore, negotiate and secure additional funding to implement the country strategy.
- Lead and direct the work of the small program team in Kenya to implement the country strategy.
- Ensures that the team in Kenya upholds the shared values of the global organization in all aspects of their work , performs their duties and functions in a collaborative, effective and supportive team environment.
- Manages and oversees all administration, logistics, and legal compliance requirements of the Country office, including all grants from the Head Office.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience in a relevant field, required.
- Extensive experience working with and supporting civil society advocacy, including providing technical assistance and support to analyze public budgets, and engage and advocate for improved budget policy, processes, and outcomes.
- Experience in applied policy research, preferably in the field of public finance.
- Experience in advocacy and formulating strategies for civil society campaigns and engagements.
- Extensive networks in civil society and government in Kenya.
- Experience in working/collaborating with government, oversight institutions, and the media.
- Experience in managing program implementation, including leading and directing program teams, managing program budgets and grant funding to civil society organizations, and proactively coordinating with other work units of a larger organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to HCS Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply