Class 1 Driver Job at DHL
Posted on: 29 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at DHL
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
Primary purpose of role
Responsibility for efficient transportation and delivery of products to customers using a commercial motor vehicle. Meeting company, customer and legislative requirements. Responsibility for safeguarding the vehicle and for Health & Safety.
- To ensure service level agreements are maintained.
- To meet all special instructions as detailed on delivery documentation
- Ensure that any documentation is completed, signed as required and returned to the Transport office.
- To carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to operation of any vehicle and report any defects immediately
- On return to your base report to the traffic office for a full debrief
- Undertake a driving skills assessment annually or at any other time as requested
- Comply with the vehicle security and standing instructions at all times
- Where a company uniform and personal protective equipment has been issued they must be worn at all times when on duty
- Drive company vehicles and operate company equipment in a safe and proper fashion and in accordance with company policies, procedures and legislation.
- Contribute to the safety of all road users by maintaining proper and effective vehicle control, whilst promoting road safety.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying with health and safety standards thereby minimising the risk to themselves and other persons.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as required by management
- Read and comply with instructions and directions as communicated via depot signs, notice boards and memorandums.
- Digital Tachograph holder
- Responsible for compliance - drivers working time and driver regulations
- Read and comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Current LGV 2 Licence
- Knowledge of Driving Laws/ Driving hours
- Proven experience of Driver role
- Basic knowledge of H & S procedures
- Knowledge of geographical area
- Customer Service Skills
- Good Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Digital Tachograph holder
- driver cpc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to DHL career website on dpdhl.csod.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DHLSimilar Jobs
- Client Relations Manager at Sendy Ltd
- Security Coordinator at Swissport Kenya
- Warehouse Manager, Air Perishables Job at Kuehne + Nagel
- Supplier Quality Officer Job at Mobius Motors