State Agency Of Kenya is a category for government agencies and state corporations of Kenya
J/G – 4 (Ref. 03/2016) 1 Post
Responsibilities for the Information Communication Technology Officer
- Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve providing strategic direction of the ICT Division; systems development, implementation and maintenance;
- Preparing progress reports of the systems development; evaluating systems and ensuring adherence to established ICT standards;
- SLA management; scaling networks over the LAN/WAN; planning, monitoring, and evaluating
programmes/activities within ICT Division;
- Reviewing and evaluating hardware maintenance feasibility studies and detailed specifications before implementation;
- Training staff within the Division and sensitizing the entire Agency staff on ICT matters; managing performance of staff within the Division; preparing
- Divisional budget; liaising with user departments to ensure effective maintenance of ICT equipment; and
establishing and maintaining modalities that ensure security of information at the Agency.
Qualifications for the Information Technology Job
For appointment to this grade, one must have:
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years as a Senior ICT Officer in information communication technology services or in comparable position in public service or in private sector in a reputable organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Information
- Communication Technology, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: Possession of a relevant Master’s degree and / or other professional courses will be an added
go to method of application »
J/G – 6 (Ref. 04/2016)
Responsibilities for the Protection Officer Jobs
- The Protection Officer I will be reporting to the Senior Protection Officer.
- Duties at this level include undertaking covert and other protection related operations; being responsible for
the day to day operations to protect clients;
- Conducting threat and risk assessment with regard to new applications and protected persons; gathering information and intelligence analysis, collation and dissemination;
- Managing a secure filing system for all classified material; providing protection services to the officers
and property of the organization; and conducting special operations as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Protection Officer job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Public Administration or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Served in the rank of Inspector of Police or in an equivalent position in the military, intelligence or other security service;
- Training in Police, Military, or Intelligence Services;
- Undertaken a Criminal Investigation or VIP Protection course;
- Knowledge in Criminal and Civil Justice Systems; and
- Aged 28 years and above.
In addition to the above requirements for both positions, an officer must have:
- A valid driving license,
- High degree of confidentiality and professionalism,
- Strong communication skills, good interpersonal skills, computer proficiency,
- Conceptual skills,
- Ability to care for resources,
- Be self-driven and motivated, be
- A team player
- Respect for diversity.
Method of Application
Note: Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, copy of National Identity Card, and other testimonials; telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts. In addition, Candidates should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Any Professional body to which the candidate is a member
Applications clearly indicating the Job title and Reference number on both the letter and envelope should be send to the address below and be received on or before 30th November, 2016
P. O. Box 49990 – 00100 | NAIROBI