P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Companies like P&G can be a force for good in the world. Our market capitalization is greater than the GDP of many countries, and we serve consumers in more than 180 countries. With this stature comes both responsibility and opportunity. Our responsibility is to be an ethical corporate citizen - but our opportunity is something far greater, and is embodied in our Purpose. P&G’s Purpose Statement articulates a common goal that inspires us daily: Our Purpose: We will provide branded products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world’s consumers, now and for generations to come. As a result, consumers will reward us with leadership sales, profit and value creation, allowing our people, our shareholders and the communities in which we live and work to prosper. Our Purpose works to unify us in a common cause and growth strategy. It is powerful because it promotes a simple idea to improve the lives of the world’s consumers every day. P&G grows by touching and improving more consumers’ lives in more parts of the world...more completely. While this statement defines our commercial opportunity, our culture reflects the broader opportunity of improving lives through and beyond our branded products and services.
Human Resources (HR) is responsible for building P&G people and leadership capability, developing an adaptive and competitive organization while creating a productive environment to deliver increased business results and competitive advantage for the Company.
Job Scope/ Key Responsibilities: A new employee in HR typically gets assignments in recruiting, enrollment planning, training, relocation, employee communication, compensation and benefits etc. to develop his/her expertise in the different HR processes. As he/she gets more experience the scope and complexity of assignments gets bigger in any assignment, however, the HR intern is expected to play 4 roles:
- Business Partner: the HR Intern works with business leaders to create business strategies, deploy them to the organization, and create the environment and systems needed to support their delivery.
- Change Agent: the HR Intern works with business units driving change and managing transformation as part of creating a culture needed to deliver our business strategies and ultimately competitive advantage.
- Employee Champion: the HR Intern works to support, develop, enable, and empower people in P&G to create the environment for productivity and satisfaction.
- Administrative Expert: the HR Intern delivers fundamental work processes of HR to ensure people across the Company are not distracted, and operations are not disrupted by important issues related to plans, policies, or complex work associated with corporate programs.
Job Timings Period of 6 Months effective January 2017
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree (graduated in either 2014, 2015 or 2016)
- Good command of the English & local language
- Strong passion to work in the field of HR
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others
- Good understanding and genuine interest in business
- Basic understanding of organization theories and models
- No working experience required however 1-2 years of HR work experience preferred
- Be willing to face a new challenge every day.
Job: Human Resources
Title: Human Resources Internship | Nairobi Area | Kenya
Location: KE-Nairobi Area
Requisition ID: HR 00002894
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Procter & Gamble career website on pg.taleo.net to apply