Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Responsibilities for the Field Assistant Jobs
Phase I plants:
- Conduct physical visitation of all the plants classified as Ghost, farmer unreachable and Non functional plants from the database to confirm their existence and status.
- Collect data on the sampled plants using the mobile app to fill in the data gaps.
Phase II plants:
- Conduct physical visitation of all year 2014/2016 plants in the database to ascertain their existence
- Map the plants through collection of their GPS coordinates
- Collect data using the mobile app to fill in the data gaps
- Establish the existence and functionality status of the plants
Qualifications for the Field Assistant Jobs
The applicants should have the following minimum qualifications:
- For the Regional Supervisor positions – Preferably a holder of a degree certificate from a recognized institution or a diploma holder with field extension experience and conversant with the fieldwork location is highly desirable.
- For the Field assistant positions – Must hold diploma certificate or is a current continuing student in a degree program and has good numeracy skills and conversant with the local fieldwork region
- Excellent English and Kiswahili writing and communication skills are required
- A confirmation that they have a working an android smart phone (This will be necessary to upload the software application to be used in the field).
- Preference will be given to those willing to work and travel within the following regions; Nakuru,Thika, Eldoret and Embu/Meru and other parts of rift valley
What we offer
The contract for this mapping and data collection exercise will cover an initial 10 to 30 working days and will be extended based on need basis. A highly competitive daily rate for the contract period, pegged to performance.
Method of Application
Applicants are kindly requested to send their CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com addressed to Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Kenya Biogas Program by close of business on 9th December, 2016.