If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Responsibilities & Purpose of the Program Officer Job
- To provide Programmatic and Technical support to field staff implementing health projects toward the attainment of child-well being outcomes and donor requirements.
Programmatic and technical support for Health projects (35%)
- Provide strategic and technical support to implementation of grant health projects with minimal support to sponsorship health projects
- Support development and implementation of work plans and budgets for health/health grants
- Ensure all grant health interventions are implemented within schedule , plans and budgets
- Provide minimal programmatic support to five WVK region teams based on their nee
- Ensure timely implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets.
- Support health interventions during emergencies.
- Oversee integration of health grants into existing Sponsorship health projects for increased impact
- Quality Assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation processes.(35%)
- Provide technical support during health Surveys/evaluations, baselines and assessment to ensure quality check with methodology, tools and the entire process.
- Ensure Health project designs and/ or re- designs are done in accordance with donor guidelines, standards, WV standards and health programming strategies and GoK guidelines while corresponding to community needs and contexts.
- Ensure timely and quality development and review of project reports in line with donor and WV policies and reporting guidelines
- Provide technical support to ensure that the report findings inform the basis of subsequent programme design
Support project documentation, reflection and learning to ensure achievement of project objectives.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of Health and health projects using the set standards and tools.
Capacity building (10%)
- In collaboration with Quality Assurance carry out capacity building for project staff especially to contextualize and implement MNCH/FP guidelines in WVK operational areas
- Monitor health capacity building initiatives conducted by field and MOH to ensure they meet standards
- Ensure documentation and project learning are disseminated to relevant stakeholders
- Support induction of new project officers in collaboration with Quality Assurance
- Support Health and health team in analyzing and interpreting health data for programmatic use.
Engagement, Networking and fundraising (15%)
- Ensure linkage with donor, Support Office(s) and the EARO for all health interventions
- Support fundraising initiatives in collaboration with Program Development and Grants Acquisition and Quality Assurance
- Ensure WVK visibility and participation in relevant networks at the County and National levels.
- Maintain coordination with relevant stakeholders to plan for health and MNCH/ FP surveillance and assessments.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
Qualifications for the Program Officer Job
- Bachelors degree in Health, public Health and/Environmental Health.
- Five year experience in Maternal , Neonatal Child Health(MNCH) programming of which three must be within an international NGO
- Experience in conducting surveys using Lot Quality Assurance Survey (LQAS),
- Strong analytical and data management skills using statistical software such as Epi Info, SPSS, STATA will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of working with Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels and networking with other partners
Other Competencies / Attributes
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply