Program Officer Job at World Vision
Posted on: 30 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Responsibilities & Purpose of the Program Officer Job
- To provide Programmatic and Technical support to field staff implementing health projects toward the attainment of child-well being outcomes and donor requirements.
Programmatic and technical support for Health projects (35%)
- Provide strategic and technical support to implementation of grant health projects with minimal support to sponsorship health projects
- Support development and implementation of work plans and budgets for health/health grants
- Ensure all grant health interventions are implemented within schedule , plans and budgets
- Provide minimal programmatic support to five WVK region teams based on their nee
- Ensure timely implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets.
- Support health interventions during emergencies.
- Oversee integration of health grants into existing Sponsorship health projects for increased impact
- Quality Assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation processes.(35%)
- Provide technical support during health Surveys/evaluations, baselines and assessment to ensure quality check with methodology, tools and the entire process.
- Ensure Health project designs and/ or re- designs are done in accordance with donor guidelines, standards, WV standards and health programming strategies and GoK guidelines while corresponding to community needs and contexts.
- Ensure timely and quality development and review of project reports in line with donor and WV policies and reporting guidelines
- Provide technical support to ensure that the report findings inform the basis of subsequent programme design
Support project documentation, reflection and learning to ensure achievement of project objectives.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of Health and health projects using the set standards and tools.
Capacity building (10%)
- In collaboration with Quality Assurance carry out capacity building for project staff especially to contextualize and implement MNCH/FP guidelines in WVK operational areas
- Monitor health capacity building initiatives conducted by field and MOH to ensure they meet standards
- Ensure documentation and project learning are disseminated to relevant stakeholders
- Support induction of new project officers in collaboration with Quality Assurance
- Support Health and health team in analyzing and interpreting health data for programmatic use.
Engagement, Networking and fundraising (15%)
- Ensure linkage with donor, Support Office(s) and the EARO for all health interventions
- Support fundraising initiatives in collaboration with Program Development and Grants Acquisition and Quality Assurance
- Ensure WVK visibility and participation in relevant networks at the County and National levels.
- Maintain coordination with relevant stakeholders to plan for health and MNCH/ FP surveillance and assessments.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
Qualifications for the Program Officer Job
- Bachelors degree in Health, public Health and/Environmental Health.
- Five year experience in Maternal , Neonatal Child Health(MNCH) programming of which three must be within an international NGO
- Experience in conducting surveys using Lot Quality Assurance Survey (LQAS),
- Strong analytical and data management skills using statistical software such as Epi Info, SPSS, STATA will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of working with Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels and networking with other partners
Other Competencies / Attributes
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Vision KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Cleaner at MSF Holland
- Assistant Director at FilmAid International
- Program Manager at Action Against Hunger
- Job Opening at Amref Health Africa
- Project Officer at International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR)
- Database Administrator The University of California San Francisc(UCSF)
- Agricultural Officers at Help a Child (HaC)
- Career Opportunities at Centre for Health Solutions - 7 Positions