Nyandarua County is a County in the former Central Province of Kenya. Its capital and largest town is Ol Kalou. Formerly the capital was Nyahururu, which is now part of the Laikipia County.
Clerk of the Assembly Job Responsibilities
- The Administrative head of the County Assembly;
- The Accounting Officer/ Authorized Officer for the County Assembly
- Secretary to the County Assembly Service Board;
- Responsible for implementation of all policy decisions of the County Assembly Service Board;
- Responsible for enhancing public understanding and knowledge of the work of the County Assembly and increasing public accessibility;
- The Principal Adviser on all legislative procedures, practices, conventions and traditions to the Speaker of the
County Assembly, other Presiding Officers and to all Honorable Members of the County Assembly;
- The Chief Advisor to the Speaker in the exercise of all powers and functions that belong to the Speaker and
through the Speaker, to the Assembly;
- Responsible for marshaling all legislative measures passed by the County Assembly; and Development planning and institutional strategy.
Minimum Requirements for Appointment
- Pursuant to the provisions of Section 13 of the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, a person shall not be
qualified for appointment as a Clerk of the County Assembly unless such person:
- Is a citizen of Kenya;
- Holds a degree from a university recognized in Kenya or its equivalent;
- Has at least five years relevant professional experience;
- Meets the requirements of leadership and integrity set out in Chapter six of the Constitution;
- Has obtained the approval of the County Assembly upon a recommendation of the County Assembly Service
- Hands on experience on matters of devolution and in particular the operations and functions of the County
- Assembly shall be an added advantage
NB: Kindly be advised that applicants pursuant to our advertisement of 20th September 2016, need not re apply for the position.
Nyandarua County Assembly is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board,
Nyandarua County Assembly,
P. O. Box 720 – 20303, OL KALOU.
Or be hand delivered to the Office of the Clerk, located at the former Ol Kalou Town Council, opposite Ol Kalou Police Station, so as to reach us not later than 13th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.