Underwriting Manager at Rose Avenue Consulting Group
Posted on: 30 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Rose Avenue Group
Rose Avenue Consulting Group is a financial management, stratergy and consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in coporate finance, stratergy and research. Together with our clients and partnering companies we address our client’s most critical issues and challenges. Download our company profile below.
Underwriting Manager Job Key Roles and Responsibilities
- General supervision of underwriting and customer service staff
- Preparation of regular management reports on production and other relevant reports.
- Ensure that all documentation in the underwriting department i.e policy documents, endorsements, renewal notices etc are correctly issued and dispatched to the intermediaries/insured/policyholders as applicable.
- To oversee the overall administration of timely issuance of policy documents, renewal confirmations and endorsements.
- Facilitate continuous underwriting staff training to create capacity
- Develop an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be.
- Reviewing sales audit reports from Senior Vetting officer and taking remedial actions where necessary.
- Management of motor certificates by ensuring proper records are maintained.
- Recommending to management effective underwriting systems and procedures for proposals and policies, drafting policies and endorsements and renewals.
- Work closely with risk manager to establish procedures for surveys, initiating risk management programmes and compliance with recommendations on risk improvement.
- Ensure that new risks accepted and/or renewed with the company are vetted to meet the basic quality standards.
- Prepare the table of minimum rates as required by the commissioner of insurance and ensure it is lodged with the office Ensure that AKI circulars and communications from the commissioner’s office relating to underwriting functions are well attended to and responded to on time.
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps
- Developing among staff loyalty to the company personal integrity and adequate professional standards and a sense of satisfaction in the performance of their work.
- Ensure that vehicles insured by the company are subjected to the pre insurance valuations and those values /defects and /or any findings are communicated to policyholders /intermediaries on time.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes for the Underwriting Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably in finance, accounting, actuarial science, insurance
- Professional qualifications – Good progress in ACII or AIIK
- At least 6 years as an underwriter in a busy working environment or related field
- Attentive to details with Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and customer care skills
- Our client offers all the advantages one would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Method of Application
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating the job title as the subject and address it to the Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Rose Avenue GroupSimilar Jobs
- Trainee Accountants at GreyBeard
- Hotel Operations Supervisor Job at Wisen HR
- Tyre Specialist Job at Aurum Consultants
- Showroom Sales Executive Job at JK Staffing - 3 Positions
- Credit Control Job at Kentrain Limited
- Process Improvement Leader Job at De La Rue
- Job Opportunities at Alternate Doors
- Factory / Plant Director at Armada Human Capital