URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The Human Resources Officer will provide support to all aspects of the human resources function by ensuring the availability of a competent and well-motivated staff throughout the ASSIST Kenya Project in line with our policies and procedures. This position is a 6 month contract, and reports to the Finance Operations Manager.
Human Resource Job Responsibilities
- Interpretation and implementation of URC HR policies and procedures.
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the required results.
- Maintain staff data
- Promote equality and diversity within the Organization
- Staff recruitment- developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, short listing and interviewing
- Co-ordinate staff performance including induction, probation and the annual performance evaluation.
- Support training and development activities including planning and delivering within the ASSIST Kenya Program.
- Fostering a workplace environment consistent with the organization’s values, mission and vision.
- Assist in ensuring URC’s compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its HR resources.
- Manage staff welfare
- Administer staff remuneration and benefits
- Handling separation of staff by facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization
Requirements for the Human Resource Job
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in social sciences or related discipline and a diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Registered as a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Three (3) years’ experience in human resource management in a busy environment and INGO set up will be an added advantage
- Experience in the HR functional areas and in the application of statutory and labor laws and of best practices in HR
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people
- Experience in general office administration
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter, highly organized with ability to organize work of self and others effectively
- Methodical and pays attention to details
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to University Research Co (URC) career website on www4.recruitingcenter.net to apply