If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Agricultural Development Corporation is a Government Parastatal, which was established in 1965 through an Act of Parliament Cap 346, to facilitate the land transfer programme from European settlers to locals following the country’s independence. It was also to be a stabilizing factor to assist in maintaining the good quality livestock and continuity of the breeding programs in the affected farms. With the successful completion of the land transfer programme, revision of objectives of the Corporation was done resulting in the Act of Parliament Cap 444 of 1986.As per this Act, the functions of the Corporation were redefined to include promotion and execution of agricultural schemes and reconstruction in Kenya by initiating, assisting or expansion of agricultural undertaking ands and enterprises. It is on the basis of this Act that the Corporation runs its operations across the country.
Financial Controller Job Qualifications
- Age 35 – 55 years.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- CPA (K) or ACCA,
- 5 years hands-on experience in a senior or similar position.
- Masters Degree in Finance/Strategic Management/Business Administration.
- Experience in Budgeting especially in Government systems will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of computer accounting packages.
- Team Leader with good interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet organisation’s financial targets.
Key Duties for the Financial Controller Job
- Formulating and reviewing finance and accounting procedures and policies.
- Effective management and utilization of resources and assets.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial accounts in line with approved Budgets.
- Timely preparation and presentation of financial statements to the CEO and the Board.
- Maintenance of accurate records and management of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Maintaining day-to-day, internal controls of accounting systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies relating to overall financial management of the organisation.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching and developing staff in the Division.
- Providing prudent and accurate financial advice to the Management and Board.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply, quoting the position reference number on the envelop, attach certified copies of their academic and professional certificates and must submit current clearance certificates of:-, Good Conduct, Taxcompliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Form, Higher Education Loans Board, Credit Reference Bureau, copy of national identification card/passport detailed resume giving telephone contact, e-mail address, names and contacts of three (3) referees and expected salary on or before 16th December, 2016 to:-
The Managing Director Agricultural Development Corporation P.O. Box 47101-00100 Nairobi OR Drop at Development House, 10th floor.
ADC is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted