Africa Compliance Officer at GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK)
Posted on: 5 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK)
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields. Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums. Specialties Pharmaceutical products, Vaccines, Consumer healthcare products
- Understand business strategy and objectives
- Act as a strategic advisor and partner with the business to develop compliant solutions
- Champion of the GEC function by promoting the value-add we bring
- Coach relevant GSK staff on the Values and Expectations
- Development and oversight of direct reports (where applicable).
- Implementation of compliance programs by translating global requirements into local specifications, including any relevant training
- Design and ensure implementation of the Internal Control Framework that enables risk oversight and effective controls.
- Act as a change leader for cutting edge practices and standardisation, where appropriate, to simplify the complexity of our practices.
- Promote a Values-based culture through encouragement of, among other things, Speak Up
- Engage with external parties to promote and defend GSK’s industry ethical lead and shape the external environment
- Partner with the business to develop and oversee completion of CAPAs resulting from investigations, monitoring, audits or inspections
- Oversee CIT investigations and manage stakeholders
- As a key member of RMCB and Country Executive Board, encourage discussion of relevant, significant risks and ensure that issues and conclusions are escalated upwards and consistently across the market.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed for a Country Compliance Officer:
- Development and oversight of LOC-level people, where applicable
- Support the development and execution of compliance strategy
- Champion creation of a learning organisation which forms an integral part in learning and ensuring similar risks are assessed appropriately elsewhere in GSK,
- Consider the BU enterprise view when developing compliance solutions
- Influence the culture and practices of leaders at a division or function level
- Partner with key leaders and managers in the business and influencing their strategies, risk management processes and strategic decision-making
- Help the business evaluate and agree on its appetite for risk and explore options for proactive and pragmatic mitigation.
- As a key member of governance boards, encourage discussion of relevant, significant risks and ensure that issues and conclusions are escalated upward.
- Ensure governance framework is defined and there is clearly defined links and escalation to and from each governance board within the BU.
- Drive accountability toward greater business transparency, compliance, values based decision making and a robust governance framework which reinforces trust in GSK from customers, business partners and patients.
- Knowledge and Capabilities
- Set Direction and Inspire
- Influences business strategies and activities using strategic thinking and your knowledge of the GSK business, our competitors, the industry and regulators
- Work Across Boundaries
- Develop solutions that apply beyond the direct area of responsibility, potentially pan-BU.
- Sees past the BU/Function silo walls and understands the broader risk management needs of GSK
- Release Energy
- Create an environment that enables teams to perform at its best and builds trust and team spirit to enhance the effectiveness of the group.
- Develop Capability and Talent
- Build a climate which values cross boundary collaboration where teams are encourages to maximise the skills, experience and expertise.
- Develops their teams to ensure they develop the necessary capabilities (soft and technical skills) and proactively manages performance.
- Drive Performance
- Facilitates regional or BU/Function RMCBs and partners the business to establish the agendas.
- Has a deep understanding of business strategies for their part of the organization and other relevant areas of GSK
- Live Our Values:
- An effective and influential leader and a trusted delegate for high level meetings
- Prepares thoughtful and effective communications related to GSK's risks, ethics and values
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK) career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK)Similar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Pan Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Regional Sales Manager Job at Merck Group
- Site Director Job at GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Medical Advisor Job at GlaxoSmithKline Plc