The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
HR Adviser Jobs Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on HR.
- Support and monitor compliance with the HR handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the HR handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
- Provide capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
- Performance Management of the regional HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Responsible for recruitment processes of international staff and senior national staff above the Coordinator level and all staff at the regional office according to NRC’s procedures and standards.
Specific Tasks are
- Exploration of different advertising and recruitment methods
- Talent Scouting
Qualifications for the HR Adviser Jobs
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply