If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Barclays has operated in Kenya for over 100 years. Financial strength coupled with extensive local and international resources have positioned Barclays Bank
of Kenya as a top provider of financial services in the market. With an extensive footprint of over 100 outlets and over 210 ATMs spread across the country the banks boasts of years of superb financial performance that has built confidence among the Bank's shareholders, as well as a reputation as one of the leading blue chip companies on the Nairobi Stock Exchange. The bank also has robust Internet and Mobile Banking platforms as well as a 24/7 call centre that offers superior service to all customers. The bank whose goal is to build not only a sustainable, trusted business, but a business which customers and clients consider as the first choice for answers and solutions- provides a full spectrum of solutions ranging from personal banking, credit cards, corporate, investment banking, wealth and investment management to its customers across the country. As a major global financial services organization, we need different thinking, new ideas and fresh perspectives and thus we strive to have a diverse workforce that is able to anticipate and deliver and the needs of our customers in the various markets segments. In order to achieve this, Barclays has embraced the diversity and inclusion agenda globally; we continuously harness our differences ranging from age, disability, education, ethnicity, gender, religion and beliefs, social background to create an environment where everyone can contribute to the best of their ability so as to not only maintain our lead position in the banking industry but also to contribute to the country's economic growth.
- The purpose of this role is to maximize the recovery of the mobile loans Portfolio through co-ordination of the daily activities of the internal and/or outsourced collections teams, ensuring corrective actions are identified on time in pursuit of maximizing recovery of unpaid debts in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- To actively monitor portfolio performance through reviewing, compiling and analysing monthly portfolio reports, identifying data patterns and trends from available information sources, interpret the trends and highlighting the credit risk concerns for discussion of the trends with Business Heads and Product Managers and recommending action to mitigate credit risk concerns; monitor and follow- up performance of the non-performing loans portfolio.
- To ensure full compliance with the Group Credit Policy, Banking Act, and CBK Prudential Guidelines, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Regulations, Co-operation Agreements; and preparation of portfolio reports to stakeholders.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Governance and Quality Assurance
Time split: 10%
- Ensure consistency in adherence to and effective application of established credit portfolio risk compliance systems (policies, processes, and tools) to achieve optimal efficiency and cost containment.
Operational risk management within credit function, continuously review, identify and report errors and/or breaches of procedures and failures in controls
Contribute to the joint compliance effort with Internal Audit and the Compliance/ Business Assurance Office
Controls and Risk
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Technical skills / Competencies
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of the full Barclays Retail product set
- Detailed working knowledge of risk and credit policies and procedures.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience in modern financial risk management practices to initiate and implement tactical changes to support business performance.
- Performance Management to optimise own and team’s productivity
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs from ideation to execution.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively engage and influence stakeholder relationships.
- Able to communicate both orally and writing to a high standard.
- Effective organizer and ability to execute complex simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently, is self-directed and solutions oriented.
- Self-motivated, assertive and proactive.
- Deciding and initiating action.
- Leading and supervising.
- Working with people.
- Relating and networking.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Planning and Organising.
- Mental and environmental demands.
- Performance management.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration (with a major in Finance) or similar quantitative disciplines.
- Professional qualification in Finance or Risk Management e.g. CPA, CFA, FRICS
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting
- Minimum 3 years in Financial/ Credit Risk Management related areas.
- Proven experience in an analytical role in a manner that consistently achieves established quality standards or benchmarks.
- Portfolio monitoring skills to effectively evaluate the portfolio and generate reports, activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Knowledge of BI reporting platform
- Performance management to optimize personal productivity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with business hears and product managers to articulate risk concerns and recommendations where the risks are evident.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of internal customers and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Planning and organizing to effectively structure work assignments and ensure timely delivery of portfolio reports.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Good customer and market insight.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Barclays Bank career website on barclays.taleo.net to apply