New Writer Job at Face2face Africa
Posted on: 6 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Face2face Africa
Premier pan-African media group reporting on African affairs, politics news, entertainment news, business and finance news South Africa
Responsibilities for the Writer Job
- Gather information about newsworthy events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions.
- Check reference materials, such as books, news files, or public records, to obtain relevant facts.
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
- Investigate breaking news developments, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories.
- Write and edit news stories and features per Face2FaceAfrica.com writer’s guideline.
- Review and evaluate notes taken about news events to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Develop ideas or material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experiences.
- Write reviews of literary, musical, or other artwork, based on knowledge, judgment, or experience.
- Receive assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas.
- Ensure work is well-written, accurate and submitted to deadline.
- Suggest images to accompany written pieces.
- Liaise with colleagues to plan the daily content and the character of the publication.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments relating to the platform’s subject matter.
- Revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements.
- Discuss issues with editors to establish priorities or positions.
Writer Job Qualification
- A minimum of a Degree required.
- At least 1-3 years working experience.
- Must be an excellent, experienced and motivated writer to join our editorial team as staff writers/journalists.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and some writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org . This position is home-based!
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Face2face AfricaSimilar Jobs
- IT Support Technician at Onfon Media
- Media Analysts at Reelforge
- Front Office Executive at English Press Limited
- Video Editor at Family Media
- Job Opportunities at iFlix
- Digital Sales and Marketing Executive Job at Uliza Links
- Communications & Outreach Associate at Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI)
- Broadcast Journalist (Digital) - Somali Service at BBC