Quality Control Manager – Orchird Job at HCS Africa
Posted on: 7 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at HCS Africa
The name HCS Africa
is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centered on adding value to your most important source of profit – Human Resource – and anything else in line with your business priorities which require the synergy of our partnering stakeholders.
- To provide a professional interface between the Company and Growers, through delivering a transparent and honest relationship with growers, with a focus on securing new supply.
- Assist growers to improve orchard performance by optimizing production, while operating and maintaining the assets in a professional manner comparable to best industry practices.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety, financial performance, people production, stewardship and operation of the post-harvest facilities and fruit quality stewardship through to delivery to the marketer.
- Ensuring the packed Avocados is managed for quality in a timely manner, to meet the contractual load out commitments between the company and industry suppliers.
- Actively seek out and develop relationships with potential new growers to deliver targeted value and quality produce to the business.
- Maintain an active public presence to positively promote the Company to the growers.
- Proactively obtain grower commitment and signing to supply contract.
- Actively seek out orchard lease or management contract opportunities.
- Interfacing the organizations Pest Monitoring policy & information with growers.
- Manage/facilitate the relationship between Post Harvest, Picking Contractors and the Grower.
- Facilitate the reporting of results to the grower in a timely manner.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add additional value to growers.
- Proactively deal with grower issues, queries or referrals from Grower Information Services.
- Formalize the short, medium and long term goals and strategic plan for each orchard.
- Target production for the season.
- To supply and manage comprehensive orchard budgets that are updated monthly with monthly reports of expenditure.
- These reports cover work carried out on orchard, updates on fruit/bud counts and any new developments applicable to the orchard owners.
Key Performance Measurements:
- Management and retention of key staff.
- Retention and growth of business
- Achievement of quality yield
- Standard and quality of workmanship and image/appearance of orchards
- H & S implementation and audit results both in the pack house and on orchard.
- Fruit storage performance
- Pack house budgets and labor costs achieved
- To supply orchard owners with comprehensive budgets.
- Contribution to Company financial results.
- BSc. Degree in agricultural sciences or food sciences.
- Masters or MBA preferred added advantage.
- 2-3 years’ progressive experience in a similar role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- People management & retention of key resources.
- Good knowledge of the Orchids locations in Kenya.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day - time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Quality Control Manager – Orchid on the Subject line.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about HCS AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Epidemiologist at Avram Corporation
- Job Opportunities at Powerhive East Africa Ltd - Virtual HR
- Assistant Training Manager at Lan-x Africa
- Job Opportunities at Wisen HR Services
- Job Opportunities at Summit Recruitment and Search
- Digital Marketing & Sales Internships at Versed Professional Services
- Area Sales Manager at HRBP Solutions
- Account Manager at Janta Kenya